As the founding office of Greenberg Traurig and the largest law office in Miami, the Miami office has deep roots in South Florida’s business, legal, governmental, and philanthropic communities, as well as throughout the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. We have long been a part of the global economy’s growth story, operating from the city that is considered the gateway of the Americas. Today, we are proudly known for our “Miami Roots, Global Reach.”
With more than 160 attorneys, our legal team represents all of the firm’s core practices. Our attorneys advise local, national, and international companies in numerous key industries and sectors fueling the economy, including aviation, entertainment, financial institutions, health care, international finance, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, retail, and technology.
Recent local significant matters include:
- $2.8 billion venture between Medina Capital and BC Partners – formation of worldwide network of data centers with cybersecurity and data analytics companies.
- Brickell City Centre, a $1.05 billion mixed-use development.
- Miami Worldcenter, one of the largest real estate developments underway in the United States.
- Representation of local, national, and international clients in highly complex financial and operational restructurings, including Satélites Mexicanos, S.A. de C.V.in its cross-border restructuring of more than $400 million in debt through a prepackaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy case filed in Delaware.
- Successfully defended DolarToday in a highly covered currency fixing lawsuit brought by the Central Bank of Venezuela.
For more information about our Miami office, please feel free to reach out to our Miami office contacts.
Community & Civic Involvement
Committed to the communities where we live and work, the Miami office provides leadership, pro bono legal assistance, and financial support to numerous local and national charitable organizations, including:
- American Cancer Society
- Americans for Immigrant Justice
- Amigos for Kids
- Beacon Council
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami
- Camillus House
- Chapman Partnership
- Children’s Home Society of Florida
- City Year
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Habitat for Humanity
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Miami Dade College
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- Pérez Art Museum Miami
- The Miami Foundation
- University of Miami
- United Way of Miami-Dade
- Women of Tomorrow