Erika Baez ElizondoLocal Partner Erika.Baez@gtlaw.com
Erika focuses her practice on tax consulting services, including the design of integrated strategies for domestic and international organizations, including companies listed on the stock exchange. Her experience as tax adviser brings wide-ranging knowledge of energy, infrastructure, consumer goods and retail, health care, financial services, and technology sectors.
Erika’s practice includes the interpretation and analysis of tax provisions regarding federal taxes, including international tax treaties and certain local taxes. She also has hands-on experience reviewing from a tax perspective the companies’ corporate structure and operations, as well as the relocation of their assets, involving mergers, spin-off of groups of companies, acquisitions, financing projects, equity structures, as well as infrastructure projects (FIBRA, CKD, FIBRA E, among others).
In addition, Erika is experienced in tax diagnoses, tax due diligence check, correct compliance of tax regulation, among others. She also has experience as advisory on the tax effects for Mexican individuals regarding their local and foreign investments. Prior to joining Greenberg Traurig, Erika worked for more than 15 years in a major Mexican advisory, consulting and tax litigation firm and served as controller in a Family Office.
Erika is a pro-bono tax advisor for non-profit Organizations.
- Interpretation and analysis of tax provisions regarding federal and certain local taxes, as well as Tax Treaties.
- Designing tax strategies to monetize capital investment and generate additional working capital.
- Analysis of the tax implications of financial instruments (fixed and variable rates and derivatives).°
- Evaluation, planning, carrying out and supervision of a consultation and procedures before tax authorities.°
- Counseled companies in advising on the placing of shares and other investment instruments on national and foreign stock exchanges.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Erika Baez prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, S.C.
Recognition & Leadership
- Teacher of Tax courses in the graduate and post graduate programs at Instituto Tecnológico de México (ITAM)
- Counsel of non-profit organizations.
- Master in Tax Law with honors, Universidad Panamericana (UP), Mexico
- Degree in Corporate Consultancy, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico
- Bachleor's Degree in Public Accounting and Financial Strategy, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico
- Spanish, Native
- English, Fluent