Jared Welsh counsels entertainment and digital media companies, brand owners, and creative individuals on a broad range of entertainment and intellectual property matters. He focuses his practice on complex entertainment, media, technology, and intellectual property transactions, with an emphasis on digital media distribution and the licensing of music, videos, and other entertainment content.
Jared also has deep experience in the protection, maintenance, exploitation, and enforcement of copyright, trademark, and publicity rights, including negotiating and drafting brand and content license agreements, managing domestic and international trademark portfolios, and counseling clients on copyright, trademark, publicity rights, and entertainment-related issues. He has also represented and advised clients in connection with litigation and administrative proceedings related to trademark, copyright, false advertising, and publicity rights.
As a musician and a former filmmaker, Jared brings to his legal practice wide-ranging practical experience in the creative and business aspects of the film and music industries.
Jared is committed to community involvement and board service, and his pro bono experience includes the representation of clients in intellectual property, landlord-tenant, and other matters in association with Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Pro Bono Partnership, and the Southern Center for Human Rights.
- Entertainment and media transactions
- Digital media licensing and counseling
- Digital distribution
- Intellectual property licensing and counseling
- Publicity rights counseling
- Copyright and trademark acquisition, licensing, and related transactions
- Copyright and trademark clearance and prosecution
- Due diligence analysis of intellectual property holdings, licenses, and related agreements
- Trademark and copyright enforcement and anti-counterfeiting programs