Since 1995, Paul B. Ranis has concentrated his broad litigation practice on employment and commercial matters. He has conducted more than 25 state and federal trials and handled more than 350 depositions. Mr. Ranis has been named a Legal Elite by Florida Trend, which recognizes the top 1.8 percent of Florida lawyers. He also has been listed in Super Lawyers magazine in the category of Florida Super Lawyer.
As an employment law litigator, Mr. Ranis represents local and national clients in jury and nonjury trials involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment, restrictive covenants, nationwide class actions and collective wage-and-hour issues. He defends lawsuits under Title VII, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Florida Civil Rights Act (FCRA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). As a commercial litigator, he represents real estate developers, restaurant companies, commercial landlords, telecommunication companies, and aviation-related organizations in contract and complex business disputes, including class action defense.
- Employment litigation
- Noncompete and restrictive covenant agreements
- Wage-and-hour issues, including collective and class actions
- Sexual harassment and hostile work environment
- Complex commercial litigation
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Class action defense
- Insurance litigation