Ivy J. Lapides focuses her practice primarily on federal, state and local tax issues involving joint ventures and individual planning.
- Real estate transactions, including 1031 like-kind exchanges, tenancy-in-common agreements and joint venture agreements
- New York State and local tax planning and controversy, including real estate transfer tax, real property transfer tax, mortgage recording tax, unincorpoporated business tax and commercial rent tax
- Limited liability companies, partnerships, and S corporations
- Bankruptcy reorganizations and workouts
- Individual income tax planning
- Expatriation tax issues