Tracy H. Lautenschlager practices land use, environmental, airport and aviation, and construction law. She represents private developers in complex interactions with governmental entities, including obtaining entitlements for residential and commercial projects, platting, site plan approvals, land use plan amendments, vacations and abandonments and a variety of other contentious local permitting issues.
She has 16 years of experience as an assistant county attorney, where she represented Broward County's regulatory and planning agencies in the areas of comprehensive planning, land use regulations, zoning, code and environmental enforcement, including litigation in those areas. She also represented the County's Aviation Department as construction counsel for its $600 million expansion program and handled a broad range of matters for the airports, including disputes with adjacent cities, airline lease negotiations, federal and state grant compliance issues, large consulting and construction contracts, an owner-controlled insurance program for construction projects and various tenant and consultant disputes.
- Zoning due diligence for transactions and land-use entitlements for development projects
- Environmental permit requirements for land-development projects
- Counseling for airport and port concessionaires, contractors and tenants
- Construction contract preparation for land owners and contractors
- Global energy and infrastructure