James M. Maynor, Jr. counsels high-net-worth individuals regarding international income and estate tax planning, including structuring inbound and outbound investments, pre-immigration and pre-expatriation tax planning, and structuring family offices. James also advises individuals on U.S. tax compliance in the international context, including with regard to FATCA and CRS, and represents taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service in audits and controversies.
Additionally, James advises public corporations and privately-held businesses regarding the tax consequences of domestic and cross-border joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. James also represents debtors and creditors with respect to the tax consequences of capital restructurings by financially-distressed companies.
- Tax structuring for inbound and outbound investments
- U.S. tax compliance in the international context
- Pre-immigration and pre-expatriation tax planning
- Cross-border joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Tax audits and controversies