Katy O'BrienShareholder Katy.OBrien@gtlaw.com
Katy O’Brien focuses her practice on a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, development, leasing, and financing of office, industrial, retail and multi-family assets. During her tenure at Greenberg Traurig, Katy has represented national and regional clients, including national banks, REITs, public pension funds, private investment funds, developers, private equity groups and individual property owners on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions.
- Dispositions and acquisitions
- Commercial leasing
- Real estate operations and general business matters
- Katy closed approximately one billion dollars’ worth of real estate transactions in calendar year 2021, including portfolio acquisitions and dispositions of multi-family assets located across the United States, a joint venture buy-out of 30+ industrial properties located in New Jersey, the acquisition of a historic commercial building in downtown Denver, and acquisitions and dispositions of various parcels of land for developer clients.
- Acquisition of $200m+ newly constructed apartment tower located in Miami, Florida.
- Representation of national bank on disposition of 20+ retail locations across the U.S.
- Leasing representation of a national retailer in rollout of a new street level retail concept
in multiple states.
- Representation of national bank on retail leasing of its newly-constructed mixed-use campus.
- Acquisition of a historic multi-tenant office building in downtown San Francisco, California.
- Leasing representation of a real estate company with 20+ office and industrial parks and
projects in Colorado.
- IPO and subsequent public stock offering providing U.S. representation of an underwriter to a Canadian real estate investment company.
- Law Clerk, U.S. Department of Justice, Environmental and Natural Resources Division, Denver, Colorado, 2009
- Extern, Hon. William Robbins, Second Judicial District, Denver County, 2010
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Real Estate Law, 2022-2023
- Team Member, Chambers & Partners USA Real Estate Law Firm of the Year, 2017-2018 and 2022
- Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, "Law Firm of the Year" in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2015 and 2022
- Four Year Letter Winner and Team Captain, Women’s Varsity Basketball, Princeton University
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- 法務博士, University of Colorado Law School
- A.B., Princeton University