Henrietta WalkerShareholder Henrietta.Walker@gtlaw.com
Henrietta Walker is Chair of the London M&A team. Her practice focuses on transactional and commercial advice for corporate clients. Henrietta has particular experience of cross-border transactions across a range of industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, life sciences, chemicals and financial services.
"Henrietta is an exceptional corporate attorney with a great commercial mind, strong work ethic and constructive demeanour. She strikes a great balance between advocacy and pragmatism" according to Chambers UK 2023 and Legal 500 2021 quotes a contributor saying [Henrietta is] "much more engaged than the standard M&A London partner, and always brings a proactive service…"
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures and shareholder arrangements
- General corporate advice
- Commercial contracts
- Group reorganisations
- Advised Volvo Construction Equipment on the acquisition of an interest in an electric construction equipment converter.
- Advised M3 Capital on the divestment of interest in Germany Fund Manager.
- Advised Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets on the divestment of its European rolling stock leasing business to Akiem Group.
- Advised AstraZeneca AB on its agreements with Grünenthal to divest rights the European rights to Nexium and the global rights to Vimovo (excluding the US and Japan).
- Advised Vista Equity Partners on the acquisition of Avanced, a UK software company, in conjunction with BC Partners
- Advised Quickbase, Inc. (a portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners) on its acquisition of CloudPipes, a UK and Bulgarian provider of cloud-based integration and automation platforms.
- Advised Maxxia UK Limited on the acquisition of two finance brokers: European Vehicle Contracts Limited and Capex Asset Finance Limited and subsequent disposal of European Vehicle Contracts Limited.
- Advised Smiths Group plc on the divestment of its Wallace product line to CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Advised the shareholders of Jetscape Aviation Group on its sale to Nordic Aviation Capital (NAC), the world’s largest turbo aircraft lessor.
- Advised Nomad Foods Limited on the acquisition of the Findus business in continental Europe.
- Advised Atlas Mara Co-Nvest Limited in connection with its acquisition of BancABC, a leading multi-country, multi-service bank with operations across the Southern African Development Community which is listed on the Botswana stock exchange, with a secondary listing on the Zimbabwe stock exchange.
- Advised Atlas Mara Co-Nvest Limited in connection with its exercise of an option to acquire approximately 20.9% in Union Bank of Nigeria PLC from Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria.
- Advised Volvo Construction Equipment on the acquisition of the off-road hauler business from Terex Corporation.
- Represented SBA Telecommunications in a joint venture with Paradigm Infrastructure Limited to acquire and operate a portfolio of approximately 1,400 mobile communication towers in Tanzania from Airtel Tanzania, a subsidiary of LSE-listed Airtel Africa plc for total consideration of approximately USD175 million.
- Advised AB Volvo on joint venture relating to the establishment of a pan-European EV charging network.
- Advised AB Volvo on a joint venture for the development of Fuel Cell Systems;
- Advised Clover Biopharmaceuticals on a funding agreement with CEPI in relation to the development of a COVID -19 vaccine.
- Advised Vista Equity Partners on its co-investment with BC Partners to acquire Advanced, a UK software company
- Advised the European Special Situations group of Goldman Sachs in relation to shareholder and co-investment agreements in connection with its acquisition of a listed Polish public company.
- Advised Vizient, Inc on its joint venture agreement with DHL (and related supply arrangements) in relation to Health Solutions Team Limited, a company which has been awarded contracts to provide procurement and management services to the NHS.
- Advised Northumbrian Water Limited in relation of the creation of a joint venture with Anglian Water to serve the non-household retail water sector, including the transfer to the joint venture of each party's respective non-household retail business.
- Advised Abris Capital Partners in relation to shareholder arrangements relating to its acquisition of Velvet CARE sp. z o.o., one of the largest manufacturers of hygiene products in Poland.
- Advised Africa-focused family office on a number of joint venture projects in sub-Saharan Africa, including in relation to a power plant in Senegal and a power plant in Rwanda.
- Advised US-based private equity investor Amstar in connection with the joint venture aspects of its purchase, made in combination with the Polish development company BBI Development, of the luxury Zlota 44 residential tower located in the city centre of Warsaw.
- Advised Starwood Capital Group on joint venture aspects of its acquisition of a retail park in East Anglia.
- Listed, IFLR1000 United Kingdom, 2017-2023
- Listed, Chambers UK Guide, Corporate/M&A, 2016-2023
- Listed, Chambers Europe, Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market, 2023
- Listed, The Legal 500 United Kingdom, Corporate and Commercial - M&A: Upper Mid-Market and Premium Deals, 2016-2018 and 2021-2023
- LPC, College of Law
- Diploma in Law/CPE, City University London
- 学士号, with honours, University of Liverpool
- England and Wales