Bina PalnitkarShareholder email@example.com
Bina B. Palnitkar is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on resolving complex business and intellectual property disputes through litigation, arbitration, and alternative dispute resolution. Bina has a national and international practice that is tailored to the needs and expectations of her clients. She has broad experience handling breach of contract, trademark infringement litigation, anti-counterfeiting enforcement, international FCPA compliance matters, medical malpractice defense for health care entities, fraud, tortious interference, and theft of trade secrets. Bina’s practical experience and approach to dispute resolution covers a number of disciplines and industries, including health care, start-up firms, and technology.
Bina serves as national settlement counsel for two of the world’s largest medical device companies, working with large teams of litigators both inside and outside the firm to manage nationwide settlements. She has devised novel settlement strategies to achieve the business objectives of leading global companies.
Bina also is a civic leader. From her advisory efforts on multiple local and state election campaigns, to her leadership as a former president of the Dallas Chapter of the North American South Asian Bar Association, to her involvement in the Junior League and Methodist Moody Brain and Spine Institute, and her membership on the Cattle Baron’s Ball Committee, Bina is relied upon when people and groups need to get things done.
- Intellectual property litigation
- Products liability litigation
- Complex commercial litigation
- Anti-counterfeiting efforts
- Representing Underwriters Laboratories in connection with an anti-counterfeiting litigation involving vaporizers and other smoke shop products bearing counterfeit UL certification marks.
- Representation as first chair of trial team securing $6.8 million unanimous jury verdict in a complex business dispute in Dallas county on claims of breach of contract, alter ego, and tortious interference.
- Representation of national and global corporations in all forms of complex commercial litigation including, theft of trade secrets and confidential information, breach of contract, covenants not to compete, non-disclosure agreements and solicitation of employees, tortious interference with contract and other business torts.
- Representation of employers and businesses in trade secret and covenant not to compete cases.
- Representation of leading medical device manufacturer in personal injury litigation involving device defect claims.
- Representation of a major national bank against construction company involving defaulted leases on construction equipment.
- Representation of medical equipment rental company in antitrust action in East Texas. Claims involve monopolization, restraint of trade and common law conspiracy.
- Representation of largest provider of multi-service business process outsourcing in litigation matters such as alleged unjust enrichment to ERISA claims.
- Representation of firearms company involved with trademark infringement litigation in the Northern District of Illinois and the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board.°
- Negotiated and structured information technology license agreements on behalf of hospitals, corporations and media groups.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Palnitkar prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, a Law360 “Product Liability Practice Group of the Year,” 2021
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, 2022-2023
- Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Selected, Bloomberg Law, "They've Got Next: The 40 Under 40," 2021
- Named, D Magazine, "Best Lawyers Under 40," 2019-2020
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Texas Super Lawyers, 2022
- "Rising Stars," 2012-2021
- Selected, Law360, "Trials Rising Star," 2018
- Listed, Texas Lawyer Professional Excellence Awards, "On the Rise," 2018
- Team Member, The American Lawyer’s “Products Liability Litigation Department of the Year,” 2018
- Board Member, Foundation for the Callier Center and Communication Disorders
- Board Member, Katy Trail
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar
- Member, Junior League of Dallas
- Member, Cattle Baron’s Ball Dallas
- Past President, North American South Asian Bar Association - Dallas Chapter
- Judicial Intern Chair, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Volunteer, Methodist Brain and Spine Institute
- Associate Member, Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court (2011-2012)
- Member, Junior Associates Circle of the Dallas Museum of Art
J.D., with high honors, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Order of the Coif
- B.B.A., Finance, The University of Texas at Austin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- American Sign Language