J. Samuel PayneAssociate Sam.Payne@gtlaw.com
Sam Payne is a member of the Litigation Practice in Greenberg Traurig’s Los Angeles office. He has experience with complex business and intellectual property litigation, including securities, patent disputes, and class action defense. He also has represented financial institutions and technology companies in federal and state courts. His government investigations practice includes the representation of corporate and individual clients in investigations and enforcement actions, as well as related securities class actions.
- Reached a settlement before verdict and after bench trial on behalf of home security company in trade secret and licensing dispute in Delaware Chancery Court.°
- Second-chaired federal bench trial on behalf of prominent hedge fund creditor in connection with valuation of assets and liabilities of major retailer debtor in bankruptcy proceedings.°
- Represented financial institution in connection with putative class actions and individual litigation concerning alleged collusive manipulation of interest rates.°
- Defeated preliminary injunction motion filed against major manufacturer of base station antennas in trade secret misappropriation lawsuit filed by a competitor alleging misappropriated trade secrets concerning the design of base station antennas.°
- Represented major international bank in a variety of government investigations concerning SPAC transactions.°
- Represented former CEO of a publicly listed financial services company in regulatory and litigation matters following the disclosure of accounting and other financial irregularities, including investigations by the DOJ and SEC, and related federal and state securities class actions.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Payne prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles, School of Law
- B.A., with High Distinction, Duke University