Susan J. Tarbe is the Deputy General Counsel for the firm and has been practicing law for more than 25 years, with 13 years of experience in the areas of commercial litigation and white collar criminal defense. Prior to joining Greenberg Traurig as Assistant General Counsel, Susan was a Partner with Colson Hicks Eidson from 2001-2009. She was Of Counsel in the Litigation Department in Greenberg Traurig's Miami office from 1999-2001 and she held the position of General Counsel, Executive Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer for a publicly traded health care corporation with revenues in excess of $200 million from 1996-1999.
Her experience includes more than 11 years of federal trial and grand jury practice as an Assistant United States Attorney with the United States Attorney's Office where she was Chief of the Economic Crimes Division, which included the supervision and coordination of all health care fraud, money laundering and financial investigations and prosecutions. Susan's private practice focuses on litigation, white collar crime, health care and corporate compliance. She also held the positions of Chief of Special Investigations (Major Crimes) and Deputy Chief of Major Crimes.
- Personal Injury: Aviation
- Commercial Litigation: Business disputes between major corporations
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Health Care: Compliance programs; fraud and abuse issues, physician practice issues; qui tam lawsuits
- White Collar Criminal Defense: Health care fraud and financial investigations
- Classified Information Procedures Act Litigation
- Personal Injury: Aircraft litigation
- Federal Criminal Environmental
- Environmental Compliance