Paul Sarker represents clients ranging from established industry leaders to emerging players across a wide spectrum of practice areas within entertainment, sports, and media. His representative experience includes mergers and acquisitions, television affiliation and retransmission consent agreements, content licensing, business affairs, television production, music, copyright, recording agreements, sponsorships, rights acquisitions, guild, and union matters.
Paul has broad in-house and law firm experience negotiating, structuring, and drafting agreements. His unique experience gained from working at a large media company provides him with a practical, business-minded perspective in addition to his legal training. Paul is committed to leveraging his skills and knowledge to identify opportunities to create value for his clients as well as anticipate and minimize risks and preserve client control in the rapidly-evolving industry.
Paul provides legal service tailored to his client’s specific goals, timing, and needs, to swiftly and effectively evaluate alternative approaches and make informed decisions. Paul leverages his interdisciplinary skill-set across several industries within entertainment (music, new media, television, and distribution) to craft unique strategies and compromises to novel problems.
Paul is passionate about protecting the environment and is a member of Harlem Grown and the Greenberg Traurig Green Team.
- Television distribution agreements including cable, retransmission consent, and emerging technologies such as OTT and authenticated distribution.
- Corporate media transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, and divestures
- Intellectual property creation and monetization
- Recording, soundtrack, composer, and performance agreements
- Talent representation
- Digital media licensing (podcasts, music services, SVOD) and business affairs
- Media audits
- Esports and gaming