Please join GTs Co-Chair, Global Intellectual Property & Technology Practice Group and Shareholder Ian Ballon for an annual update presentation on “Internet and Mobile IP and Privacy/Cybersecurity” on January 10 at GT’s Century City office. The topics he will cover this year, in a 90 minute CLE presentation, are -
• California’s Consumer Privacy Act - the new frontier for litigation and what it may mean for your company
• Cybersecurity circuit split and the GDPR’s possible impact on U.S. litigation
• Revisiting links, in-line links, embedded links, and frames, in view of recent case law
• DMCA law: reconciling recent Ninth Circuit opinions on scope and red flag awareness
• CDA law - do the 2018 FOSTA/SESTA amendments to the CDA make any difference for your business (and if so, what you should do about it)?
• TCPA circuit split – and a preview of the petition for certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court that I will be filing at the end of January 2019
• TOU/PP, Mobile and online contract formation and arbitration law update – helpful and harmful new case law for the new year
*The program is pending approval for 1.5 hours of MCLE credit.