Greenberg Traurig’s Financial Services Litigation Practice includes more than 100 lawyers who focus on representing financial services companies in virtually all aspects of litigation, including complex criminal and civil litigation, class actions, regulatory matters, and investigations. Using our international platform and deep experience in this area, our team represents clients across a broad spectrum of financial services, including national- and state-chartered banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, private equity and hedge funds, asset managers, trustees and custodians, credit unions, insurance companies, lenders and servicers in the mortgage, auto, and student loan business, credit card issuers, debt collectors, fintech companies, e-commerce companies, and others. Our team also knows and anticipates the key issues facing our financial services clients and proactively helps to identify and address these matters, including before litigation occurs.
In the United States, our team of experienced lawyers represents financial services companies in the matters affecting their core businesses.
Internationally, our team’s experience with the courts, counsel, and judges across GT’s global footprint gives our clients access to critical information utilized to aggressively and efficiently respond to and defend matters.
We handle matters related to:
- Anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance
- Claims based on fraud and aiding and abetting liability
- Competition claims
- Complex and high value debt recovery
- Consumer claims involving fees, charges, and payment processing
- Contentious or significant interactions with financial regulators
- Corporate acquisition finance disputes
- Data and privacy breaches
- Disputes arising from financial products
- Enforcement of arbitration agreements and class action waivers
- Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) violations
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) violations
- False Claims Act (FCA) investigations and litigation
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and other improper collection practices claims
- Financial distress and insolvency
- Government investigations
- Internal investigations
- Ponzi and other fraud schemes
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) claims
- Securities litigation
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Truth-in-Lending claims
- Unfair or deceptive acts or practices
- Uniform Commercial Code disputes
- User agreements and related disputes
We are trial lawyers and have experience litigating disputes in U.S. state and federal courts, courts around the world, as well as in arbitration and before governmental agencies. Our team collaborates closely with GT attorneys across the globe and with core members of our Financial Regulatory & Compliance Practice, White Collar Defense & Special Investigations Practice, State Attorneys General Practice, and others who focus significant portions of their practice on issues affecting the financial services industry. Our eDiscovery team also assists our financial services clients with virtually all aspects of data preservation and collection during the discovery process. Our interdisciplinary team of litigators; corporate and regulatory lawyers, including former in-house bank counsels; bankers; and government attorneys have domestic and international experience advising financial institutions on financing, corporate, transactional, regulatory, and workout matters. We also work proactively to counsel clients on how best to avoid and reduce litigation risks before they arise. We collaborate across practices and offices to deliver the quality service and value that financial services clients require in today’s changing landscape. We handle matters nationwide and draw on institutional experience to defend each matter efficiently and effectively.
Please feel free to reach out to our Financial Services Litigation Practice contacts to learn more about our capabilities.