Companies and individuals facing scrutiny from U.S. or foreign governments need experienced practitioners available worldwide at a moment’s notice. Greenberg Traurig’s White Collar Defense & Special Investigations Practice is made up of over 60 lawyers, including a significant number of former prosecutors from U.S. and non-U.S. enforcement agencies, with a wide array of experience at the highest levels of federal and state government.
The cases we defend are highly technical and create enormous exposure for companies and their executives. In an environment of heightened scrutiny with the DOJ and other agencies placing more emphasis on white collar crime, GT's team of attorneys works tirelessly to deliver out-of-the box strategies and tactics with the goal of keeping our clients out of jeopardy. Leveraging the insights and experience of our government affairs colleagues, industry experts, compliance professionals, and litigators throughout the firm, we protect our clients at every level.
- A team comprised of former prosecutors, many of whom served at the highest level of federal and state government and have collectively tried hundreds of federal criminal and civil cases.
- Innovative attorneys who develop and implement integrated “global” strategies by drawing on their substantive knowledge of health care, securities, banking, international trade, real estate, and other regulated industries.
- Vast experience in structuring internal investigations, developing guidelines and implementing compliance programs and addressing issues of voluntary disclosure.
- Defended Fortune 500 companies, boards of directors, special committees, and funds and executives around the world at hearings and trials related to allegations of money laundering and corporate misconduct, insider trading, securities fraud, corruption, internal investigations, compliance and enforcement under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, healthcare fraud, and environmental crimes.
- Consistent recognitions in industry-leading legal directories and publications, including Chambers USA, Law360, The Legal 500 U.S., and Benchmark Litigation.
- Substantial experience trying cases against:
- The United States Department of Justice
- U.S. Attorneys’ Offices
- The Securities Exchange Commission (SEC)
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- States Attorneys General
Our attorneys also handle international criminal matters, including those related to anti-corruption/the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), representing clients all over the world before international tribunals. We handle international investigations concerning fraud, banking, money laundering, insider trading, RICO, and global anti-corruption. In ongoing representations on five continents, we provide anti-corruption advice in connection with both U.S. and foreign laws. Learn more about our Global Anti-Corruption Enforcement & Compliance capabilities.
We have a dedicated team of attorneys who handle False Claims Act & Qui Tam Defense. Our attorneys rigorously defend institutions and individuals in False Claims Act matters from investigations to trials. Learn more about our False Claims Act & Qui Tam Defense capabilities.
The firm’s Government Law & Policy and White Collar and Special Investigations practices regularly combine their deep institutional and procedural knowledge and experience to work with our clients on responding to congressional investigations and inquiries. Learn more about our Congressional Investigation capabilities.
To learn more about our White Collar Defense & Special Investigations capabilities, please feel free to reach out to our White Collar Defense & Special Investigations Practice contacts.