Emily D. NasirAssociate Emily.Nasir@gtlaw.com
Emily D. Nasir advises clients across industries, including energy, finance, and real estate in matters related to bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights. She advises on corporate reorganizations and restructurings and represents chapter 11 debtors, chapter 7 trustees, creditors’ committees, and other creditors across a range of commercial and bankruptcy litigation issues. Her experience includes contract disputes, oil and gas lease disputes, and preference and fraudulent transfer actions. Emily also has experience in government relations and political consulting.
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs Press Intern, U.S. House of Representatives, 2014
- Intern, Better World Campaign, 2013
- Fellow, United Nations Information Center, 2013
- Representation of secured lender in the chapter 11 cases of an oil and gas company.
- Counsel for defendant in avoidance action in the chapter 11 case of Spherature Investments, LLC.
- Represented liquidating trustee in numerous bankruptcy-related matters including pursuit of over 90 preferential and fraudulent transfer claims and omnibus mediation.°
°The above representations were handled by Mrs. Nasir prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA), Present
- Volunteer Leader Houston, Battleground Texas, 2015
- Volunteer Coordinator and Assistant, The Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights, 2015
- Member, International City/County Managers Association, 2015-2016
法務博士, summa cum laude, South Texas College of Law
- Note and Comment Editor, South Texas Law Review
- Associate Editor, Texas Journal of Business Law
- M.P.A., Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs
- 学士号, University of Texas at San Antonio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Spanish, Conversational