Blakeley S. OranburgShareholder firstname.lastname@example.org
Blakeley Oranburg practices commercial litigation, with a particular focus on financial services and real estate litigation, complex business disputes, and trust and estate litigation. Blakeley also has experience in class action defense, and has represented clients in litigation in state and federal courts, as well as in appellate matters before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Blakeley handles virtually every phase of litigation, including research, drafting and argument of substantive and procedural motions, discovery, and preparing for and conducting trial.
- Represented major financial institution and obtained dismissal at the pleading stage of claims alleging conversion and violation of California’s commercial code.
- Represented a Fortune 50 retailer and obtained dismissal at the pleading stage of a putative class action alleging wage and hour violations.
- Represented international, award-winning wine maker in a trademark dispute and obtained dismissal at the pleading stage of all claims.
- Represented major financial institution in several putative nationwide class actions alleging violation of the CARES Act and obtained dismissal at the pleading stage of all claims.
- Represented one of the world’s largest petrochemical companies in defending allegations that its predecessors owed a duty of care to Iranian refinery workers from 1954 to 1973 by virtue of their participation in the Iranian oil consortium. Obtained monetary and issue sanctions against the plaintiff and his counsel for discovery violations and the application of Iranian law to bar the plaintiff’s claims for punitive damages, strict liability, and joint and several liability. Ultimately, the Los Angeles Superior Court granted petrochemical company’s motion for summary judgment, confirming that petrochemical company did not owe a duty of care to Iranian refinery workers.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Oranburg prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Summer Clerk, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2013
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Susan Webber Wright, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas, 2012
Recognition & Leadership
- Member, Board of Governors, Century City Bar Association, 2023-Present
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, 2019-Present
- Junior League of Los Angeles, 2019-Present
- California State Bar, Litigation Section, 2016-Present
- Hispanic National Bar Association, 2016-Present
- RISE, 2016-Present
- Louisiana Bar Association, 2014-Present
- American Bar Association, 2014-Present
J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- Submissions Editor, Southern California Review of Law and Social Justice
- B.A., cum laude, Washington and Lee University
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana