Greenberg Traurig has broad international capabilities assisting clients in planning tax-efficient operations, structures, and financing, while taking into consideration U.S. and cross-border taxation. Given the growing complexity of commercial transactions and tax regimes, the globalization of industries, and changes in the attitudes and policies of tax authorities around the world, we understand it's essential to provide clients with sophisticated and knowledgeable tax strategies.
Our tax attorneys help develop and implement global tax strategies to help minimize taxes, no matter where in the world you operate. Whether we work exclusively with a client or serve as an important part of a client’s team of tax professionals, we custom-tailor our services to provide sophisticated, strategic, and efficient tax advice.
GT's Cross-Border Tax Planning team:
- Advises U.S. taxpayers on acquiring foreign entities and structuring their foreign operations.
- Advises clients regarding the establishment of U.S. entities and the acquisition or disposal of U.S. corporations, partnerships, and business assets by foreign companies.
- Advises clients regarding the establishment of entities and operations in European jurisdictions such as the United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, and Poland, in addition to the acquisition or disposal of companies, partnerships, and business assets in those jurisdictions.
- Structures international joint ventures and restructures multinational groups.
- Advises sponsors and managers of U.S. and non-U.S. investment funds regarding both domestic and foreign tax issues.
- Advises on treaty issues, foreign tax credits, and withholding taxes.
- Advises on cross-border leasing, licensing, and investing.