Greenberg Traurig’s Austin team is as dynamic and multidimensional as the Texas capital itself. Austin brings together state government leaders, a thriving business community, and a culture of innovation – making it a perfect fit for the business-minded attorneys of Greenberg Traurig. We counsel clients on local, national, and international matters in key industries including ecommerce, education, energy, government, health care, insurance, private equity, real estate, retail, and technology.
- Antitrust Litigation & Competition Regulation. Our Austin attorneys have international competition and antitrust law experience and counsel clients on a broad array of antitrust issues. Our attorneys are skilled in advising on corporate and transactional issues, litigating price-fixing, bid-rigging, group boycott and market allocation claims, and counseling for State Attorneys General/DOJ/FTC investigations.
- Appeals & Legal Issues. The team is composed of some of the state’s most accomplished and reputable talent representing clients in complex disputes in state and federal trial and appellate courts.
- Austin’s corporate section concentrates on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures, and other strategic business transactions.
- Energy & Natural Resources. Lawyers in this practice group focus on appeals, litigation, and arbitrations involving energy related clients, representing upstream oil and gas operators, midstream companies, and oil and gas service companies.
- Government Law & Policy. From its location in the state capital, this practice is well positioned to counsel clients on public policy matters and advocate for their interests, drawing on firsthand experience working in state government. Its lawyers have broad knowledge of both the federal and state government, which allows them to collaboratively develop strategies that help clients address complex problems.
- With a multidisciplinary approach, the Austin office practitioners practice in all aspects of the insurance business and the regulations governing it. They combine corporate and transactional capabilities, legislative experience, and wide-ranging industry knowledge – to advise life and property/casualty insurance companies, trade associations, health insurance payors, and other clients active in these industries.
- Intellectual Property & Technology. GT’s Austin-based attorneys have a deep understanding of both specialized technology and the dynamics involved in both patent litigation and intellectual property licensing.
- The litigation group in Austin has wide-range experience in state and federal courts in Texas. The practice includes the representation of pharmaceutical, consumer products, retail, and medical device companies, as well as representation of insurance companies, financial institutions, real estate developers and commercial landlords, health care providers, public and private corporations, and state governmental entities in various litigation-related matters.
- White Collar Defense & Special Investigations. We represent companies involved in internal and government investigations and advise clients on compliance with the FCPA and UK Bribery Act, including designing, building, and implementing anti-corruption compliance policies and procedures.
A Tradition of Service
Greenberg Traurig was founded on a strong tradition of service. Our Austin team’s roster has wide-ranging legislative experience, including former top aides and policy officials, a former Commissioner of Insurance for the State of Texas, a former Austin City Attorney, and a former Texas Supreme Court Justice. Additionally, our lawyers are active, or have held various leadership positions, in many local business and legal organizations, like the Austin Chamber of Commerce, Center for American and International Law, Hispanic National Bar Association, National Forum for Black Administrators, state and local bar associations, and Texas Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus.
At Greenberg Traurig we emphasize the importance of giving back to the communities where we live and work. Our Austin attorneys include a former president of Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Travis County and a board member of SafePlace. We also hold leadership positions with, or otherwise actively support, the Anti-Defamation League, Austin Community Foundation, Dress for Success Austin, Junior League of Austin, Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Texas Access to Justice Commission, Texas State History Museum Foundation, Texas Supreme Court Historical Society, and Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas.
Austin Career Opportunities
Our culture of empowerment is a natural fit for individuals who are eager to create their own opportunities and have proven track records of success in areas that excite them. Explore career opportunities at GT.
For more information about our Austin office, please feel free to reach out to our Austin office contacts.