Dash McLean focuses his practice on branding issues, including trademarks, copyrights, and Internet-related intellectual property matters. He counsels clients on selection, proper use, registrability and enforcement of foreign and domestic trademarks and copyrights and has prosecuted over 3,000 trademark applications. Dash is experienced drafting and implementing trademark and copyright licenses, settlements, and coexistence and consent agreements and has devised comprehensive branding strategies for multinational corporations, and he frequently advises clients on brand development and the intellectual property aspects of mergers and acquisitions including due diligence and agreement drafting, as well as Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) issues.
- U.S. and international trademark litigation and TTAB practice (oppositions and cancellations)
- U.S. and international trademark and copyright clearance, procurement, prosecution, enforcement and portfolio management
- Brand protection and expansion
- U.S. and international intellectual property transactions
- Intellectual property strategy and licensing
- UDRP proceedings
- Domain name acquisition, protection and disputes