Eduardo Medina ZapataShareholder Eduardo.Medina@gtlaw.com
With over 25 years of experience, Eduardo focuses his practice on tax consulting, planning and structuring private and public real estate investment funds, as well as in the planning and structuring of joint ventures and corporate reorganizations.
Eduardo’s experience includes matters involving cross border transactions, tax aspects of financing and inbound investment from foreign jurisdictions to Mexico. He also advises Mexican and foreign investors on acquisitions, divestitures and other restructuring transactions.
Eduardo has ample experience in structuring publicly traded, venture capital, private equity, and commodity funds on behalf of national and international fund sponsors, alongside planning and implementing tax efficient structures for the acquisition, operation and disposition of real property portfolios.
In addition, he also counsels’ clients in the structuring of investments in such funds for taxable and tax-exempt investors, both Mexican and foreign.
Eduardo is consistently ranked in legal industry publications among the best tax attorneys in Mexico.
Sukcesy i wyróżnienia
- Listed, Chambers and Partners Global Guide, Tax: Non-contentious, 2020-2023
- Listed, Chambers and Partners Latin America Guide, Tax: Non-contentious, 2020-2023
- Listed, Best Lawyers, “Best Lawyers in Mexico,” Tax, 2020-2023
- Listed, The Legal 500 Latin America Guide, Tax, 2021-2022
- Listed as a Notable Practitioner Tax Lawyer, Investment Funds, IFLR1000, 2022
- Professor of the Law Department of the Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Monterrey Campus, teaching Tax Law.
- Member of ANADE (Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa).
- LL.M., International Tax Law, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Austria
- Master’s Degree, International Commercial Law, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Postgraduate Studies, Taw Law, Universidad Panamericana, Mexico
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México, Mexico
- hiszpański, ojczysty
- angielski, biegły