Alan N. Sutin is Chair of the firm's Technology, Media & Telecommunications Practice and Senior Chair of the Global Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. Alan is an experienced business lawyer principally focused on commercial transactions driven by intellectual property and technology issues. He advises clients in connection with transactions involving the development, acquisition, disposition and commercial exploitation of intellectual property.
Alan represents a wide variety of companies and investors in connection with strategic alliance agreements, commercial joint ventures and licensing matters that are driven by the commercial exploitation of valuable intellectual property rights. He has represented numerous A-List celebrities in connection with the use of their intellectual property assets to expand into non-entertainment business ventures. Alan also has represented brand owners in a number of stadium and arena naming rights transactions with NFL and NBA teams and assisted major real estate developers in specialized transactions that involve the use of intellectual property assets to enhance the value of structures and developments.
In addition, Alan has significant experience in Internet and electronic commerce issues, represents clients in major software and SaaS service implementations, as well as IT and business process outsourcing arrangements, privacy and cybersecurity matters, and the implementation and use of artificial technology tools.
Alan was involved in many of the major policy issues surrounding the commercial development of the Internet, has advised foreign governments and multinational corporations in connection with these issues, and is a frequent speaker at major industry conferences and events around the world.
- Use of IP Assets in Business Transactions
- Licensing Arrangements
- Use of IP in joint ventures/strategic alliance agreements
- Endorsement Agreements (including equity based)
- Stadium and Arena Naming Rights Agreements
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Brand acquisition and management
- Worldwide intellectual property protection programs
- Patent, copyright and trademark licensing
- Intellectual property due diligence in mergers, acquisitions, and financings
- Intellectual property audits
- Outsourcing Arrangements
- Structuring IT and business process outsourcing arrangements
- RFP preparation, response and assessment
- Master Service Agreement, Service Level Agreements and related contracts
- Vendor management issues
- Offshoring issues
- Internet and new media law
- Electronic publishing
- Privacy and defamation issues
- Online commercial ventures
- Privacy, Cybersecurity & Crisis Management
- Compliance assessments and audits
- Privacy and information security policies and procedures
- Legal risk mitigation strategies
- Managed security services agreements
- Privacy and data security issues in M&A transactions