Thai NguyenAssociate Thai.Nguyen@gtlaw.com
Thai Nguyen is a litigator, representing claimants and defendants, including high-net-worth individuals, private investment vehicles, and multinational companies, in international and domestic contentious matters with a particular focus on civil fraud disputes. Thai’s experience includes jurisdiction battles, security for costs, and disclosure applications, all through to trial (including fully remote and hybrid formats) in the High Court and post-trial costs matters.
- Acted for the claimant in proceedings against her former husband and his associates for dissipation of matrimonial assets, in the alleged sum of over $1 billion. The claim involves allegations of deceit, forgery, unlawful means conspiracy, and deliberate destruction of evidence arising under English, Monegasque, Swiss, and Panamanian law.°
- Defended Ukrainian businessman Alexander Yaroslavsky in a $380 million civil fraud dispute brought by Russian energy giant Tatneft, following a 42 day fully virtual trial (the longest fully virtual High Court trial to date).°
- Acted for the administrators of Force India Formula One Team to defend a fraud claim brought in connection with the with the sale of the F1 team in 2018, which followed on from the team's financial deterioration during the 2018 F1 season.°
- Defended a UK clearing bank against a High Court claim for dishonest assistance and fraudulent trading as a result of alleged MTIC fraud in its carbon credit supply chains.°
- Acted for a consortium of multinational oil companies on an UNCITRAL arbitration seated in London concerning claims arising out of the design and construction of the pumping station facilities for a major transnational pipeline project in East Africa.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Nguyen prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Anerkennung durch den Markt
- Member, Young Fraud Lawyers Association, 2020-Present
- Member, Fraud Women's Network, 2020-Present
- Legal Practice Course (LPC), University of Law
- LL.B. (Hons), University of Warwick
- England & Wales
- Vietnamese, Fluent