Greenberg Traurig's UK Civil Fraud & Business Disputes Group comprises experienced lawyers who have collectively handled myriad high-profile and sensitive multi-jurisdictional civil fraud matters and business disputes. We serve corporations and individuals across a diverse range of sectors/industries, including retail, finance and investment, energy, and real estate. Our years of experience acting for claimants and defendants allow us to deftly advise clients and anticipate opponents’ strategies.
Our lawyers have taken many cases to trial, including to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court in England and Wales, and ran the longest fully virtual trial before the Commercial Court to date. We also have significant mediation and ADR experience.
Our experience includes:
- Cross-border asset recovery, including the enforcement of orders and judgments.
- Civil injunctions – including worldwide freezing orders, search and seizure orders, passport delivery up orders and disclosure orders.
- Civil fraud – including fraudulent misrepresentation and deceit, breach of confidence, conspiracy, bribery, and secret profits.
- Business disputes – including breach of warranty and indemnity claims, shareholder disputes (including unfair prejudice claims), breach of directors’ duties, earn-out disputes, joint venture disputes, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Disciplinary investigations/sanctions by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Prudential Regulation Authority, and investigations by other professional regulators and government bodies, including Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
- Insolvency – investigations or claims initiated by administrators and liquidators, creditors, shareholders, or other regulators/prosecutors arising out of insolvent businesses.
- Contractual disputes.
- Money-laundering and compliance issues.
- Restraint and confiscation proceedings.
- Requests for disclosure by prosecution authorities in the UK and overseas.
- Developing fraud prevention plans.
In addition, members of the team are experienced supervising solicitors, appointed by the Court, in matters relating to search and seizure orders, and delivery up orders.
To learn more about our UK Civil Fraud & Business Disputes capabilities, please reach out to our UK Civil Fraud & Business Disputes Practice contacts.