Karla CopkaAssociate email@example.com
Karla Copka is a member of the Labor and Employment Practice in Greenberg Traurig's Mexico City office. Karla has more than 9 years of experience advising foreign and local clients in labor and employment matters in the corporate sector, as well as in individual processes.
Karla has represented companies in negotiations before the Federal Attorney for the Defense of Labor (Procuraduría Federal de la Defensa del Trabajo) and on labor litigation matters before the Federal and Local Labor Boards in Mexico, including amparo proceedings. She has in-depth knowledge of issues related to executive compensation and employee benefits, labor management relations, downsizing, and helping companies manage workforce changes.
Ms. Copka also advises clients on the implementation of employment structures, compliance investigations, internal labor regulation, employee handbooks, labor restructuring and terminations, and employment contracts.
- Represented a multinational food and beverages company in various legal matters, including labor advice, severance payments, employee benefits and compensation, employee labor relations, non-competition agreements, terminations and changes of control.°
- Advised Stericycle Inc. in the restructuring of its executive organization chart, employee compensation, labor claims by managers, labor audits, and changes in procedures.°
- Represented Tiendas Soriana, S.A. de C.V., owner and operator of department and grocery stores throughout Mexico, in corporate, individual, and labor matters.°
- Represented Gamesa, S. de R.L. de C.V., in labor matters, including individual proceedings.°
- Advised Organización Soriana, S.A. de C.V., formerly known as Comercial Mexicana, in numerous labor matters, including reduction in force, executive benefits, severance payments, employee compensation and benefits, employee relations, terminations, and changes of control.°
- Represented Prysmian Group, S.A. de C.V. on litigation matters.°
- Comercializadora Sodico, S.A. de C.V. litigation, settlements.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Copka prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, S.C.
Reconocimientos y Liderazgo
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2022
- Member, Abogadas MX, 2016-Present
- Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad de Cuautitlán Izcalli
- Español, Nativo