Adriana Garcia-CuellarAssociate firstname.lastname@example.org
Adriana Garcia-Cuellar focuses her practice on corporate law. She is experienced with cross-border transactions, financings and acquisitions, and her practice includes the day-to-day corporate activities of Mexican entities, public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and transnational financings.
- Corporate & Securities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Global Energy and Infrastructure
- Represented an international company on its capital investment in a Mexican technology-focused solar and smart home solutions company, providing financing to facilitate consumer loans for residential solar systems. Legal advice included due diligence and implementation of shareholders agreement.
- Represented a joint venture for the development and operation of a terminal for rail trans-loading and tank-farming of oil-refined products in Central Mexico.
- Representation of international consortium for the construction and financing of various power plants for Federal Electricity Commission (Comisión Federal de Electricidad, CFE) using several types of technology (geothermal, open cycle and hydropower) under the financed public works regime.
- Represented, as a member of a team, GDFSuez as participant in the bid tender for the construction and operation of several gas fired combined power plants in the north of Mexico and Pacific Coast under IPP scheme sponsored by CFE for 25-year-term-contracts and approximate accumulated capacity of 2300 MW.
- Represented, as a member of a team, SunEdison in the acquisition of a 22.5 MW solar project (Parque Solar Coahuila) located in State of Coahuila, involving due diligence and legal assistance required for the drafting and closing of the relevant contracts, as well as implementing the financing structure and guaranty package.
- Represented, as a member of a team, a Mexican subsidiary of a foreign company in the structuring, implementation and roll-out of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) policies and procedures.
- Represented, as a member of a team, Macquarie Capital in the sale of the portion held, through several of its funds, in the telecoms towers business formerly operated by Global Tower Partners and the Macquarie Mexican Infrastructure Fund in order to set up Mexico Tower Partners, a joint venture between the Macquarie Mexican Infrastructure Fund and Digital Bridge, which manages more than 550 towers and upon its creation became the second largest independent wireless tower operator in Mexico.
- Advised Ingenieros Civiles Asociados (ICA) in financial and regulatory issues, related to highway projects Nuevo Necaxa-Tihuatlán, Rio Verde-Ciudad Valles and Libramiento La Piedad.
- Assistance to consortium participating in the aqueduct Monterrey VI, approximately 400 km of length under a PPP scheme (Public-Private-Partnership).
- Assistance to Mexico’s Water Commission (Comisión Nacional del Agua, CONAGUA) and Mekorot in certain project for protection of aquifers under exploration and production of unconventional hydrocarbons.
- Represented consortium conformed by Marubeni Corporation, GDF Suez SA and Samsung C&T Corporation for the bidding by Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE) of various build-own-operate contracts for natural gas pipeline systems in Mexico northwest area.
- Advised ICA in the acquisition and financing of a toll road project to be built and operated in the state of Oaxaca communicating the capital city of such state with the Pacific coast. Financing has been granted by Mexican development lenders (BANOBRAS and FONADIN) in the approximate amount of U.S. $250 Million.
- Represented, as a member of a team, one of the largest quick service restaurants in the U.S. in a number of joint ventures and development projects throughout Central America and Mexico.
- Represented GKN plc in its acquisition of Fokker Technologies Group B.V. from Arle Capital for an enterprise value of €706 million (£499 million).
- Represented PEMEX, Daimler Chrysler México, Nissan and Corporación Interamericana de Entretenimiento (CIE) in public offerings of certificados bursátiles (notes) in the Mexican Stock Exchange.
- Represented Aarhus United in the antitrust proceedings for the approval of a US$250 million transaction.
- Represented Papa John’s International, in its acquisition of the Mexico City-based Papa John’s Pizza Franchisees.
- Represented Evergreen Pacific Partners in the US$103 million acquisition of three Mexican radio stations which broadcast into Southern California.
- Represented SILLC Holdings LLC, a Citigroup controlled entity, in the US$300 million sale of GST Autoleather Inc. to Advantage Partners, Japan's largest private equity fund.
- Prepared Mexican guaranty structure applicable to a Canadian financing transaction between Export Development Canada and Jyco Sealing Technologies Corporation.
- Represented consortium formed by Kepco, Samsung and Techint for their participation and awarding of an independent producer contract by Comisión Federal de Electricidad for a combined-cycle gas-turbine power plant with a capacity of 433 MW to be built in the state of Chihuahua; including the financing for the project in an approximate amount of US$450 million with The Export-Import Bank of Korea, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank and Scotiabank.
- Drafted regulations required under the Public Private Partnership Law, for the development of public-private partnership projects in Mexico jointly with the Mexican Construction Industry Chamber (Cámara Mexicana de la Industria de la Construcción, CMIC), which represents the most important construction companies participating in the construction industry in Mexico.
- Advised Mapfre on its strategic alliance with Euler Hermes in certain Latin American countries for credit insurance division, seeking regulatory approvals and implementing the corporate structure.
- Provided consulting services for Repsol in connection with the long-term natural gas supply contract executed with CFE, for the Manzanillo LNG plant’s operations start-up.
Some of the above representations were handled by Ms. García-Cuellar prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, S.C.
- Law Clerk and Associate, Gonzalez Calvillo, S.C., 2004-2012
- Law Clerk, Lopez Velarde, Heftye y Soria, S.C., 2002-2003
Reconocimientos y Liderazgo
- Listed, Best Lawyers, “Best Lawyers in Mexico,” Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023
- Listed, The Legal 500 Latin America Guide, "Latin America: Mexico – Energy and Natural Resources," 2021-2023
- Member, Winning Team, Acquisition International magazine, "Overall Law Firm of the Year – Mexico," 2013
- Member, Winning Team, Acquisition International magazine, "Most Trusted Law Firm of the Year – Mexico," 2013
- Maestría en Derecho (LL.M.), Corporate Law, New York University School of Law
- J.D., with honors, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico
Con licencia para ejercer en
- Español, Nativo