Mike Gardner focuses his work on companies who provide national security and infrastructure services to federal and foreign customers. He has experience working with contract negotiations, bid protests, claims and dispute resolution at GAO, the Court of Federal Claims and the Boards of Contract, and has provided compliance support related to the Federal Acquisition Regulations, ITAR, the Defense Security Service, and the Defense Contract Audit Agency.
Mike also has wide-ranging experience working on international programs managed by the Defense Logistics Agency; global security and nation building programs managed by the Department of State and the Department of Defense; broad spectrum IT solutions including secured cloud data and software as a service programs sponsored by the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and regulated industries like health care, insurance, and financial services; marine industrial work including ship building and repair; and renewable energy project work supporting both major federal facilities and remote, resilient operations.
Mike works with a large array of clients including assisting large and small businesses on capitalizing on Small Business Administration initiatives. He has also worked with Fortune 50 and privately held companies to develop and implement plans to increase revenue and profitability through organic growth and acquisitions and to plan and execute liquidity events like ESOPs, private equity investment, and M&A events.
Prior to his private law practice, Mike served as a Coast Guard line officer supporting Coast Guard operations in Europe, Africa, and South America.
- Prime and subcontract negotiations for logistics, IT, security and marine industrial work
- Bid Protests at GAO and Court of Federal Claims
- Contract dispute resolution at ASBCA, Court of Federal Claims and ADR
- OCONUS operations counseling
- SBA Mentor Protege and Small Business Subcontracting
- Compliance counseling and training under FAR, ITAR, DSS and DCAA programs
- Business life-cycle planning including growth and liquidity events
- Admiralty and Maritime compliance, transactions and casualty
- Ethics and Standards of Conduct counseling and training