CHICAGO – March 5, 2019 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP announced the elevation of Ian Burkow, David A. Franklin, Jonathan E. Giroux, Cara Q. Hanson, and Elizabeth S. Ralph to shareholder, and Sonia Vohra to of counsel. All six attorneys are based in the firm’s Chicago office.
Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig announced the elevation of 32 attorneys to shareholder and 27 to of counsel/counsel in more than 20 areas of legal practice. The firm, which earlier this year opened its 30th office in the United States and 39th worldwide, also reported a fifth consecutive year of record revenue of more than USD $1.55 Billion, an increase of USD $80 Million over 2017.
“These attorneys have earned their elevated status through their remarkable and unwavering dedication to our clients, our firm, and our community,” said Chicago Co-Managing Shareholders John F. Gibbons and Rita M. Powers in a joint statement. “We congratulate them on their achievements and wish them continued success in their new roles.”
- Burkow, a member of the Litigation Practice, concentrates his practice on a wide range of commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract claims, business torts, real estate and construction disputes, employment actions, and regulatory compliance. He also represents clients in white collar criminal matters, including grand jury investigations, bank and health care fraud claims, and sentencing advocacy. He has litigated cases in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration.
- Franklin, a member of the Real Estate Practice, focuses his practice on various real estate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions, debt and equity financings, ground-up developments, and joint ventures and leasing. He represents REITs, lenders, real estate investment funds and other investors, both public and private, with regard to industrial, multifamily, hotel, and retail properties.
- Giroux, a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice, focuses on a broad range of intellectual property matters, including procurement and enforcement of patent, copyright, and trademark rights, with a particular focus on patent prosecution and litigation. His patent litigation experience includes both competitor-to-competitor cases and defending against non-practicing entities.
- Hanson, a member of the Real Estate Practice, represents national lenders, real estate investment funds, and developers in connection with all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including real estate asset acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, financing and construction transactions.
- Ralph, a member of the Litigation Practice, focuses her practice on commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts and administrative tribunals, including complex business litigation, employment and restrictive covenant litigation, breach of contract disputes, business torts, False Claims Act matters, and commercial real estate disputes. She has experience in all phases of litigation and has represented clients in matters involving DOJ and SEC investigations.
- Vohra, a member of the Real Estate Practice, concentrates on commercial real estate transactions, including real estate finance, acquisitions and dispositions, and large portfolio transactions of retail properties.
About Greenberg Traurig – Chicago: Greenberg Traurig's Chicago office strives to be as dynamic and diverse as the city it calls home. Since its inception in 1999, it has grown from three attorneys to more than 160 today. Lawyers in Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago office represent a wide range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative start-ups, and practice in nearly every major practice area and industry. Offering local knowledge and broad experience, Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago lawyers work with their colleagues in Greenberg Traurig’s other offices in the United States and abroad to help clients achieve their objectives locally, nationally, and globally.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 39 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.