Jeremy A. MeierShareholder email@example.com
Mr. Meier has deep experience in regulatory affairs and governmental litigation, representing corporations and individuals doing business in California. He primarily represents national companies in the health care, telecommunications, energy, transportation and financial services sectors. His practice focuses on government contracts, procurement, regulatory enforcement, state investigations, and related governmental litigation. Mr. Meier focuses in procurement strategies, negotiations, and bid protests writs and litigation involving government contractors. His practice involves major government investigations; false claims defense, regulatory enforcement defense and agency investigations and compliance, and public records and conflicts of interest matters. Mr. Meier has handled numerous trials and arbitrations, mediations, and administrative hearings and routinely works with state regulators, state attorneys general offices, agency staff, policy makers, and stake holders on emerging public policy, regulatory and commercial matters . He has broad experience in federal and state infrastructure, energy, telecommunications, transportation, health care, and financial services, contracting and regulatory matters, involving agencies such the CPUC, CEC, FCC, DOT, FERC, DHCS and DMHC, and the DFPI.
- Government contracts and procurement
- Civil litigation and commercial disputes
- Financial regulatory and compliance
- Health care regulation and contracting
- Handle complex California procurement matters, bid protests, administrative hearings and writs and injunctions for state and local contractors and vendors. Handled disputes and procurements totalling billions of dollars in health care, pharma, and telecommunications contracts.
- Defended and pursued administrative and civil actions for Fortune 500 clients in multimillion-dollar commercial disputes involving governmental issues. False claims investigations and defense of state and federal qui tam actions in health care and telecommunications.
- Procurement counseling and advocacy involving involving state agencies including California Department of General Services, CalTrans, California prison system, California Department of Technology, Department of Consumer Affairs, Department of Health Care Services, Department of Public Health, Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, CalPERS and California Energy Commission.
- Handled first of its kind Public Private Partnership (P3) contracting for national client and local municipalities for 5G rollout. Handled P3 state contract and bid negotiations for consortium infrastructure bidding matter.
- Handled Attorneys’ General litigation and state agency investigations and enforcement matters.
- Resolved matters of first impression in federal and state court, complex governmental litigation including related to the California Public Records Act and procurement
- Handled numerous administrative proceedings, licensing, and enforcement actions, including adjudicatory hearings and negotiations with state agencies.
- Handle regulatory matters for Fortune 500 and startup companies before the CPUC, CEC, California legislature and state agencies, as well as before other Western State utilities commissions and federal agencies and Congress.
- Wide-ranging litigation and governmental experience in energy, environmental, broadband, fiber, voice, data, cable and wireless matters.
- National and state (e.g. California, Texas, Arizona, Washington, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Hawaii) regulatory proceedings, contract formation and counseling involving California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), line sharing, costing and pricing, collocation, interconnection, wholesale and resale, tariffs, access charges, universal service, consumer privacy, operating support systems, building access and land use, franchises, permits, licenses and leases, open access, antitrust and policy matters.°
- Commercial litigation and counseling regarding direct access, deregulation, plant siting, power purchase agreements, renewables, grid management, interconnection, co-generation, distributed generation, ratemaking and related issues.°
- Handled broadband rollouts in California and Western states, including local and state governmental approvals, consumer and vendor contracts, and 50 state interconnection negotiations.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Meier prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Internship and campaign experience for Congressman Tom Lantos (D - CA), Washington, D.C. and California
- Campaign Assistant with Tom Campbell (R-CA)
- National Environmental Lobbying Assistant, Washington, D.C.
- Political affairs and campaign experience in California
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, "Top Lawyer," Sacramento magazine, 2015-2016, 2019, 2021-2022
- General Litigation, 2021
- Government Contracts, 2019, 2021-2022
- Energy & Natural Resources, 2015-2016
- Member, American Bar Association
- Public Contracts Section
- Member, San Francisco Bar Association
- Member, Conference of California Public Utility Counsel
- J.D., University of California at Davis School of Law
- B.A., Stanford University
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California