Jay Farraher is a commercial litigator and founding member of the firm's Boston office. He is a skilled trial and appellate attorney with two decades of experience in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He concentrates his practice in the area of complex litigation, which includes contract litigation, general business and employment disputes, construction litigation, and franchise and partnership disputes. Jay also has a wide-range of experience representing developers, property owners, landlords and tenants in real estate disputes involving commercial leases, purchase and sales agreements, construction agreements, land use, and property valuation.
In addition to his litigation background, Jay has broad appellate experience. In 2010, he briefed and argued a case before the Supreme Court of the United States. He has represented clients in appellate matters before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Massachusetts and Connecticut appeals courts.
- Federal Supreme Court and appellate litigation
- Prosecution and defense of contract disputes
- General business and employment matters
- Real estate and land use litigation
- Commercial lease disputes
- "Open price" claims under Uniform Commercial Code
- Construction and surety matters
- Trade secret litigation
- Franchise disputes under the Petroleum Marketing Practice Act
- Wage and hour disputes/ class action defense
- Non-compete and non-solicitation
- Public bid protests
- Multidistrict litigation (MDL)
- Wrongful death defense