GT is Diverse by Design.
We have put substantive measures in place by intention to ensure that DEI drive GT at both the organizational and individual level.
Committed and diverse firm leadership establish effective programs and resources:
- Focus on awareness and training
- Incentivize individual participation with collaboration, billable hours
- Committed individuals contribute ideas, time, and talent
- Actualize meaningful change
- Achieve measurable results and recognition
BROADENING AND FOSTERING A DIVERSE TALENT PIPELINE
GT’s value on excellence and its commitment to diversity result in access to the greatest pool of top talent. GT strives to empower every associate who joins the firm to reach their highest potential; to become a shareholder and beyond.
- Global training, mentoring, and sponsorship to develop the next generation of team members and foster diversity in the profession generally
- Associate Development Program
- GT Diverse Law Student Recruiting Pilot Initiative
- High School and Pre-Law Outreach
SOCIAL, RACIAL, AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE ACTION PLAN
- Commitment of $5 million over five years to combat systemic racism and support impoverished communities
- Instituted billable hours for diversity and inclusion as well as community and civic activities
- Created the Social Justice Action Academy including:
- Equality Toolkit to help advance awareness, knowledge, and empathy
- Courageous Conversations Online Forums on Race and Social Justice Topics
- Joined in creating the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance
- Partner to the Alliance Asian American Justice
- Created the GTDRIVES: Dynamic Dialogues Podcast
GREENBERG TRAURIG WOMEN’S INITIATIVE
The firm supports the inclusion and advancement of women attorneys at GT and in the legal profession. Programs focus on attracting and retaining talented women attorneys and supporting business development. They include:
- Leadership Training and Opportunities
- Annual GT Women’s Business Forum
GT PROUDLY STANDS WITH THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY
Our core values dictate that everyone should be able to openly be his/her/their authentic self.
- Global Sponsor of Out Leadership; Board Member
- GT sponsors a variety of programs and like-minded organizations
- GT commemorates dates important to the community, including: Pride Month; LGBT History Month; International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia; Transgender Day of Remembrance
- GT assists the community with pro bono legal representation
GT’s affinity groups are forums for professional and business development, resources for recruitment and retention, and social exchanges. Allies are strongly encouraged to participate.
The firm has a full range of affinity groups, including:
FOCUSED ENGAGEMENT WITH BUSINESS STAFF
Furthering our authentic and inclusive work environment takes everyone at the firm. GT has programs to address business staff’s needs and contributions to our efforts.
- GT DRIVES Listening Tour for Business Staff to learn about their needs, perceptions, and suggestions around DE&I programming at the firm
- Local Office DEI Committees
- DEI Liaisons enhance engagement in each office
PRO BONO IN UNDERSERVED COMMUNITIES
As a law firm, GT has a social and moral responsibility to help the underserved communities that justice overwhelmingly eludes. Some examples include:
- Fighting Social Injustice for Women
- Seeking freedom from domestic violence, human trafficking
- Remedying instances of Great Racial Injustice
- Criminal appeals for those- including wrongfully incarcerated, over-sentenced, convicted to life without parole as minors, death row cases
- Legal support and advocacy for victims of hate crime
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Community
- Adoption rights; transgender name changes
- Highlighting Pro Bono Opportunities
To broaden the reach of personal and firm DEI participation, GT attorneys write articles, are sources for media, produce podcasts, and participate in other public forums to share relevant issues that need to be further addressed by society as well as personal challenges and triumphs. We also provide periodic reports of GT’s activities and progress.
We know that by combining our shared values, resources, and efforts, we have an even greater power to accelerate change and close gaps for a more equitable world. Pledges include:
GT regularly collaborates with clients combining our shared values, resources, and efforts to maximize our ability to create a more diverse and fair society.
We help clients develop programs as well as participate in existing client initiatives.
- Partnering with a global investment bank client to create a mentoring and sponsorship program for diverse attorneys with a focus on professional development and leadership training
- Collaborating with a multinational convenience restaurant client to co-sponsor a diverse law student through The Diversity Lab’s 1L Diversity Pipeline Collective Summer Program
- Partnering with a client in the telecommunications sector on a pipeline initiative focused on preparing diverse law students for interviews and internships
- Collaborating with a multinational investment bank and financial services company to create a joint DEI leadership program
GT is committed to engaging with businesses in the communities in which we live and work who share our values of achieving a more inclusive and equitable world.
- We offer certified minorities, women, and LGBTQ+, among others, the opportunity to compete in our sourcing and procurement process.