Brent D. Sokol has more than 25 years of experience representing broadcasters, new media technology companies, consumer products companies, medical device and biotechnology companies and others in patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)/piracy claims. Brent successfully litigates complex intellectual property disputes, including those involving international forums and multiple forms of intellectual property. As a former biomedical engineer and a registered patent attorney for over two decades, Brent has argued to jury and judge alike with a mastery of complex facts and law that he conveys with clarity and conviction. Brent is also an acknowledged leader and national speaker about the global restructurings of a company’s intellectual property, and in particular the rights of companies and their lenders with respect to such restructurings.
- Copyright transmission infringement and DMCA litigation
- Medical device and biotechnology patent litigation
- Global restructuring of trademark and other intellectual property rights in distressed situations and post-merger/acquisition
- Trademark, design patent and trade dress litigation
- Authorship/inventorship/ownership disputes