Draeke Weseman counsels clients on the strategic development, maintenance, and enforcement of trademark rights and related matters. A go-to attorney for company executives and in-house legal counsel, Draeke advises on creative brand protection, brand acquisitions, trademark clearance, enforcement, litigation, licensing, and global trademark prosecution. Draeke has been listed five times among Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” (2018-2022) in intellectual property law and member of Greenberg Traurig’s repeat U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Law Firm of the Year” in Trademark Law (2020 and 2022).
Having practiced for more than a decade, Draeke has handled thousands of trademark matters worldwide for Fortune 500 and other publicly traded and privately held companies, global media franchises, Silicon Valley venture-backed startups, international luxury fashion houses, celebrities, and the U.S. National Governing Body for an Olympic sport. Clients in a wide range of industries trust Draeke to identify, prosecute, maintain, and protect their most valuable brand assets. His practice spans consumer goods, food and beverage products, restaurant and hospitality services, entertainment, financial services, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, blockchain and digital assets.
Draeke is a skilled writer, regularly speaks to national audiences, and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal and Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal on matters of trademark law and policy. His contributions to U.S. trademark law include establishing precedent before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, NFTs, Digital Assets, Financial Technology, Traditional Banking and Finance
- Clothing, Apparel, Footwear, Jewelry, Cosmetics, and Retail Store Services
- Electronics, Computer Technology, Internet, Social Media, Mobile Gaming, and Video games
- Entertainment, Education, Sports and Recreation, Hunting, Fishing and Outdoors, and Pet Products
- Manufacturing Equipment, Defense and Government Contractors, Military Equipment, and Firearms
- Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Immunotherapeutics, and Health Care Services
- Venture Capital, Private Equity and Investment Firms, and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Restaurant Services, Lodging and Hospitality, Food and Beverage Products, and Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Transportation, Shipping, and Supply Chain