Jennifer S. Zucker is a shareholder in the Washington, D.C. office of Greenberg Traurig. Her practice includes a broad range of litigation, counselling and transactional matters for clients that work with federal, state, and local governments. She represents contractors in bid protests, contract claims and disputes, mergers and acquisitions, False Claims Act matters, and suspension and debarment proceedings. She also counsels contractors on regulatory requirements under government contracts, ethics and compliance issues, and government investigations and audits.
Jennifer’s experience extends across multiple industries, including defense, aerospace, intelligence, information technology, finance, public assistance and management consulting. She maintains an active security clearance and has deep experience advising clients on national security compliance issues and representing clients in investigations and litigation involving classified programs.
From January 2018 to January 2020, Jennifer served on the board of directors of SRC Energy, Inc. as the chair of the Compensation Committee and a member of the Governance and Nominating Committee. She is also a Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve.
- Regularly represents government contractors and subcontractors in federal courts and before various administrative forums in a broad variety of litigation matters, including contract claims and disputes before the Boards of Contract Appeals (BCA) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and bid protests at the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the COFC.
- Represents government contractors in a wide variety of disputes with the government, including claims, terminations (both default and convenience), cost disallowances, and contracting officer final decisions.
- Represents clients in connection with government investigations involving federal contracts and grants, including investigations by federal agencies, agency offices of inspector general and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Represents clients in suspension and debarment proceedings.
- Counsels clients on the development and enhancement of ethics and compliance programs.
- Wide-ranging experience with the National Industrial Security Program, including the facility clearance process and negotiating foreign ownership, control, or influence (FOCI) mitigation instruments with the Defense Security Service (DSS), as well as overcoming an unfavorable personnel security clearance adjudication.
- Experience on issues related to General Services Administration contracting and small business issues.
- Advises clients in transactions involving the acquisition of a government contractor, including assisting venture capital and private equity firms in evaluating the target company’s government business and identifying areas of risk.
- Experience negotiating a wide variety of transactional agreements, including teaming agreement, subcontract agreements and master service agreements.