NEW YORK – MAY 30, 2019 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP was named USA Restructuring Law Firm of the Year for middle markets at Global M&A Network’s 11th Annual Turnaround Atlas Awards, May 20, 2019, in New York. According to the Global M&A Network website, the Turnaround Atlas Awards honor excellence from the restructuring, insolvency, distressed investing, and M&A industries in categories of best value-creating transactions, outstanding firms, top professionals, and legendary leaders.
The firm also received the following awards:
- “Cross Border Special Situations M&A Deal of the Year” award for its role in the Premier Exhibitions and related subsidiaries Chapter 11 reorganization and acquisition of assets by an investor group including Apollo Global Management, Alta Fundamental Advisers, and PacBridge Capital Partners.
- “Chapter 11 Restructuring of the Year” award for its role in the Lombard Public Facilities Corporation’s (LPFC) restructuring.
- Greenberg Traurig represented ACA Financial Guaranty Corporation (the bond issuer) and the team included Nancy A. Peterman, Warren S. Bloom, Kevin D. Finger, Rebecca D. Harrigal, Nelson F. Migdal, Michael L. Lehr, Vanessa Albert Lowry, Kevin P. Ray, Nicholas N. Palmer, Leo Muchnik, and Alexander L. Scarola.
- “Turnaround of the Year” award for its role in Oi S.A.’s multi-jurisdiction restructuring.
- “Turnaround of the Year” award for its role in VER Technologies’ pre-negotiated restructuring and merger with Production Resource Group, as portfolio company of The Jordan Company and GSO Capital Partners.
- Greenberg Traurig represented Production Resource Group and the team included Todd E. Bowen, Haley M. Ratner, David Hong, and Catherine Morgan.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice: Greenberg Traurig’s internationally recognized Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice has broad advisory and litigation experience with the often-complex issues that arise in reorganizations, restructurings, workouts, liquidations, and distressed acquisitions and sales, in both domestic and cross-border situations and proceedings. With offices in commercial centers across the United States and throughout the world, the firm utilizes its invaluable business network to offer critical advice and counsel to multiple constituencies in insolvency situations.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 39 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.