NEW YORK – Mar. 5, 2021 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, has ranked in the 2020 Inframation League Table report for both the U.S. and the LatAm + Caribbean leagues. The firm’s deals, some landmark, fell within the renewable, power, transport, telecommunication, or oil pipeline sector.
According to Inframation, the league table ranks legal advisors who advise sponsors, lenders, and government by deal value and deal count. The criteria focuses on project finance transactions within core infrastructure and all infrastructure fund activity irrespective of sector.
The firm’s positive showing was the result of deals such as:
- Firm’s representation of BayWa r.e. in the installation of its largest onshore wind project to date;
- Representation in the sale of Red Carreteras de Occidente, a landmark transaction in Mexico; and
- A series of acquisitions by the publicly listed EXI funds. These positioned Mexico Infrastructure Partners as the premier asset manager in Mexico and Latin America.
These and other deals landed Greenberg Traurig among the top firms on the report:
- For the number of deals (9) on the LatAm + Caribbean League Table
- Total deal value (US$3.814B) on the LatAm + Caribbean League Table
- For the number of deals (10 at approximately US$1.9B) on the U.S. League Table
According to its website, Inframation is the world’s leading provider of news, data, and analysis for the infrastructure and power industries with comprehensive databases that cover deals and players in the power and energy markets.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2200 attorneys in 40 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. The firm is net carbon neutral with respect to its office energy usage and Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certified. Web: www.gtlaw.com