Brian J. GavsieShareholder Brian.Gavsie@gtlaw.com
Brian J. Gavsie's practice is focused on public and private securities offerings, SPAC IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, Securities Exchange Act reporting obligations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and general corporate matters. Brian's specific industry experience includes recruiting and staffing services, consumer products, original equipment manufacturers, paper and packaging products, bath and plumbing products and information technology.
- Public and private securities offerings
- SPACs and other alternative public offerings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Securities Exchange Act reporting and compliance obligations
- Corporate governance
- Representation as issuer's and underwriter's counsel in numerous public and private securities offerings (including initial public offerings).
- Representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions, tender offers and sale transactions.
- Representation of public companies, including advice and assistance regarding SEC reporting and compliance and corporate governance matters.
Anerkennung durch den Markt
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, "Securities / Capital Markets Law," 2019-2023
- Listed, "Lawyer of the Year," Securities / Capital Markets Law, Fort Lauderdale, 2022
- Selected, Fort Lauderdale Illustrated, "Securities / Capital Markets Law," 2020-2022
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2014-2015
- "Rising Star," 2009
- Member, Winning Team, ACG New York Champion’s Awards, Deal of the Year (over $500mm); Cross-border Transaction of the Year (over $250mm) for $1.8 billion Acquisition of MacDermid, Inc. by Platform Acquisition Holdings Limited, 2014
- Member, Winning Team, "M&A Deal of the Year (Over $1 Billion to $5 Billion)" for Platform Specialty Products Corporation (f/k/a Platform Acquisition Holdings Limited) acquisition of MacDermid, Incorporated and related entities, The M&A Advisor’s 6th Annual International M&A Awards, 2014
- Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year," Corporate Finance Category, 2013
- Finalist, Daily Business Review, "Top Dealmaker of the Year," Corporate International Category, 2013
- Member, Winning Team, "Consumer and Retail Products Deal of the Year (over $200mm)" for Merger of Burger King and Justice Holdings Ltd., ACG New York Champion’s Award, 2013
- Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America’s Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
- Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," 2012
- "Up and Comer," 2006 and 2009
- Member, Winning Team, "Distressed M&A Deal of the Year (Over $100mm)," The M&A Advisor's Turnaround Awards, 2011
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Member, United Jewish Community of Broward County, Business and Professionals Division and Men's Night Out Committee
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Order of the Coif
- University of Florida Law Review
- B.A., University of Miami
- New York