Anna Hałas-KrawczykShareholder Anna.Halas-Krawczyk@gtlaw.com
Anna Hałas-Krawczyk is Labor & Employment Co-Chair for Europe and Head of the Employment Practice at the Greenberg Traurig Warsaw Office. She is experienced in labour law and has extensive knowledge about management contracts and incentive plans for top management. Her practice focuses on assisting a variety of foreign and domestic entities in conducting employment restructuring, mass redundancies as well as preparing incentive schemes for employees.
- Management contracts
- Equity based incentive schemes
- Compensation structures
- Collective dismissals and restructurings
- Internal investigations
- Advised Deutsche Bank Group on overall employment aspects of de-merger of Deutsche Bank Polska and its sale to Santander Bank Polska, including employment reorganization related to the de-merger.
- Advised Naspers and Allegro on employment restructuring in Allegro Group.°
- Advised Mondelez on all the employment aspects of the merger of the Mondelez Group with Douwe Egberts.°
- Led the team advising on multi-stage employment restructuring in PZU Group involving 15,000 employees of which almost 5,000 were made redundant and the terms of employment of those remaining were changed. The project included preparation of comprehensive individual and collective employment documentation as well as negotiations with 29 trade unions. This was the largest restructuring project in Poland in recent years.°
- Advised HSBC on two stages of mass redundancies and reorganization including the opening of a shared services centre in Cracow and closure of retail banking services. This covered, in particular, aspects of mass redundancies, employee relocation and changes of their employment terms.°
- Advised Axel Springer on the employment restructuring of Dziennik, one of the largest Polish dailies, and merging it with Gazeta Prawna to form Dziennik/Gazeta Prawna, a daily newspaper focused on legal and business news.°
- Advised Madison International Realty LLP, a global real estate private equity firm, on overall employment aspects in connection with the indirect acquisition of a majority stake in Capital Park S.A.
- Advised Goldman Sachs on management share participation scheme in Robyg S.A.
- Advised the management of Private Equity Managers SA in their share option schemes.
- Advised the management of AmRest SA on their share option schemes.
- Advised Wirtualna Polska S.A. on the share option scheme based on subscription warrants for its top management.°
- Advised MCI private equity fund on the share incentive plan and preparation of the management contracts for the key management staff.°
- Advised Penta private equity fund on management contracts in EMC.°
- Advised Innova Capital private equity fund on the share incentive plan for the key management staff in Ujastek Group.°
- Advised Advent International private equity fund on management and advisory contracts for American Heart of Poland Group.°
- Advised Innova Capital on the share option plan for management of GTS Group including CEE countries.°
- Advised Alior Bank S.A. on comprehensive aspects of the CRD IV Directive in Poland.
- Advised Eurobank S.A. on the policy on variable components of remuneration for management.
- Advised BGŻ BNP Paribas S.A. on the comprehensive aspects of the CRD IV Directive in Poland.
- Prepared the general policy on variable components of remuneration for management in Citibank in Poland as well as all related employment and corporate documentation.°
- Advised the Polish Chamber of Brokerage Houses on implementation of the CRD III Directive in Poland in relation to brokerage houses.°
- Represented a global spirits and wine producer in the litigation against the former management.
- Represented private equity fund in the litigation over management incentive scheme with the former manager.
- Represented a major Polish company from the heavy industry sector in the litigation relating to the alleged harassment and intimidation.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in an internal investigation relating to fraud made by the management staff, and further in the litigation that followed.°
- Representing an international media group company in an internal investigation in relation to alleged mobbing and further in the litigation that followed.°
- Represented an international group from the chemical industry in an internal investigation relating to fraud made by the management staff and further in litigation in relation to alleged mobbing as well as discrimination against a senior manager in the company.°
- Represented several financial institutions in an internal investigation in relation to alleged mobbing and further in the litigation that followed.°
- Represented the Polish branch of a German bank in an internal investigation in relation to alleged harassment and intimidation (mobbing), and further in the litigation that followed (settlement was reached).°
- Provided comprehensive employment advice to clients from various sectors such as, in particular: healthcare (DaVita Euromedic, American Heart of Poland), finance and insurance (Franklin Templeton, Goldman Sachs, Pramerica, HSBC, Citibank), real estate (Peakside, Panattoni), automotive (Toyota Boshoku, AD Polska) and others.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Halas-Krawczyk prior to her joining GREENBERG TRAURIG Nowakowska-Zimoch Wysokiński sp.k.
Anerkennung durch den Markt
- Chambers Europe: Band 3 in Employment (2017-2023), Employment practice in Clifford Chance (built and lead by Anna Hałas-Krawczyk) was ranked Band 2 (2013–2015)
- EMEA Legal 500: Leading Individual in Employment (2021-2022); Recommended in Employment (2018-2020)
Member, Warsaw Bar Association of Attorneys-at-Law
- Attorney-at-Law, 2004
- Master of Law, Faculty of Law and Administration, summa cum laude, the University of Warsaw
- Master's Degree, International Business and Political Relations, with honors, Warsaw School of Economics
- Polish-French Diploma , International Business and Political Relations, Department of the European Union, Sciences Politiques de Paris in cooperation with the Warsaw School of Economics
- Diploma, University of Warsaw in cooperation with the University of Cambridge, English and European Law Centre
- Polnisch, Native
- Englisch, Fluent