Paul B. McCawley is Co-Chair of the National Private Wealth Services Practice and focuses his practice on sophisticated estate planning for individuals and families. Such planning involves an overall plan for the client and the client’s family relating to the preservation and transfer of wealth while minimizing income taxes and transfer taxes (estate taxes, gift taxes, and generation-skipping transfer taxes) to the extent consistent with the client’s goals. Paul is a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Wills, Trusts and Estates.
- Estate planning, including the preparation of wills, trusts, and related documents
- Family wealth preservation, including the non-tax issues relating to inter-generational wealth transfers
- International estate planning, including pre-immigration planning and planning for the receipt of an inheritance or gifts from a non-U.S. parent or other non-U.S. person
- Estate (probate) administration
- Trust law and trust administration
- Negotiation and preparation of marital agreements, including prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Establishment and operation of private and public charitable organizations, including family foundations