Leanne ReaganShareholder email@example.com
Leanne Reagan focuses her practice on executive compensation and employee benefits. She advises public and private companies on the design and implementation of qualified and non-qualified retirement and deferred compensation plans, welfare plans, and other employee benefit programs. A significant portion of her practice involves advising clients on all executive compensation, golden parachute and benefit plan considerations arising in the context of mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate events.
Leanne regularly counsels clients on tax laws (including laws governing deferred compensation, golden parachute arrangements and deduction limitation rules). She also advises companies and individual senior executives on the adoption, revision, and negotiation of executive employment, change in control agreements and severance arrangements. Leanne also helps clients maintain compliance with the federal laws and regulations associated with these plans, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, federal health care reform, COBRA, and HIPAA.
Leanne represents public, private and tax-exempt companies as well as executives and boards of directors across many industries, including private equity, hospitality, higher education, real estate, banking, aviation and electronics.
- 409A compliance
- Executive employment agreements
- Equity arrangements
- Change-in-control agreements
- Severance agreements
- Represented Marque Brands, LLC, an affiliate of Neuberger Berman, in connection with its acquisition of a majority ownership in America’s Test Kitchen (“ATK”) and its associated brands, including Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country. ATK is a food and culinary media business, which leverages its industry-leading testing process for recipes and kitchen equipment to produce top class recipes and unbiased product reviews. ATK and its diverse portfolio of brands has an expansive audience across various media platforms.
- Represented Carrick Capital Partners in connection with its Series B Investment in Bishop Fox. Bishop Fox provides offensive security solutions ranging from continuous penetration testing, red teaming, and attack surface management to product, cloud and application security assessments.
- Represented Blue Wolf Capital Partners, LLC and GCM Grosvenor, as joint sponsors, in connection with their acquisition of Hallcon Corporation from Canadian private equity firm Novacap. Hallcon is the leading North American provider of mission-critical transportation services and infrastructure for a broad range of customers including railroads, universities, airports, hospitals and health care systems, public transit, technology and industrial companies, and other large employers seeking custom transportation solutions.
- Represented Blue Wolf Capital Partners, LLC in connection with the sale of StateServ Medical, the leading durable medical equipment (DME) benefit management company supporting hospices and other post-acute care providers in the United States.
- Represented Blue Wolf Capital Partners, LLC in connection with the acquisition of CIVCO Radiotherapy, a global leader of radiotherapy patient positioning and immobilization equipment.
- Represented Black Dragon Capital in connection with its acquisition of Grass Valley, a leading technology supplier of advanced broadcast and media solutions, with operations in over 20 different jurisdictions worldwide.
- Represented an affiliate of Centre Partners in connection with its acquisition of Boomerang Laboratories, Inc., a manufacturer of liquid products for personal care, household and pharmaceutical use.
- Represented an affiliate of Centre Partners in connection with its acquisition of PSYBAR L.L.C. and Gary L. Fischler & Associates LLC, regional providers of behavioral health assessments and independent medical evaluations for employers and insurers.
- Represented an affiliate of H.I.G. Growth Partners in connection with its acquisition of Livi Medical Services, PLLC and Phoenician Hospice, PLLC, regional providers of family medicine and hospice services.
- Represented Centre Partners in connection with its sale of Stonewall Kitchen, a leading manufacturer of premium branded specialty food and gift products, including jams, olive oils, bottled sauces, crackers and pancake mixes.
- Represented Blue Wolf Capital Partners, LLC in connection with its acquisition of RHA Health Services, a leading provider of community-based health services focused on individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral health needs and substance use challenges.
- Represented WeWork in connection with its acquisition of Emprenurban, a Latin American-based real estate development and construction company.
- Representation of private equity companies in all benefit-related aspects of mergers, acquisitions or divestiture transactions, including due diligence, negotiating the purchase agreement, transfer of plan assets, review of partial termination issues, termination of plans and implementation of new benefit plans and executive compensation arrangements.°
- Representation of public and privately held entities in the design and maintenance of qualified retirement programs, non-qualified plans and welfare plans.°
- Representation of public companies in the design and implementation of executive compensation programs.°
- Representation of public and private entities in the preparation of equity and phantom equity arrangements.°
- Representation of public company in golden parachute planning and design of employment/severance arrangements.°
- Representation of plans in regulatory audits and utilization of voluntary regulatory compliance resolution programs.°
- Representation of plan sponsors and fiduciaries in connection with regulatory proceedings.°
- Representation and consultation with public and private companies regarding fiduciary and other issues concerning investments in employer securities in qualified plans.°
- Representation of company in ERISA litigation.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Reagan prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
Anerkennung durch den Markt
- Recognized, Daily Business Review, Professional Excellence Awards: “Young Lawyer on the Rise,” 2017
- Recognized, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, “40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida,” 2017
- Duke South Florida Alumni Association, 2016-Present
- Co-Chair, Board of Directors, 2017-Present
- Co-President, Duke Law Committee, 2016-2017
- Board Member, 2016-Present
- TEDx Organizer, 2016
- Member and Co-Host, Women’s Fund of Miami-Dade County’s Annual Raise the Bar Event, Planning Committee, 2013-2018
- Duke Bar Association, 2008
- Executive Board Member, 2008
- Community Service Chair, 2008
- WINLab, Member of Expert Circle, 2016-2018
- American Bar Association, Member
- LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law
- J.D., Duke University School of Law
B.A., cum laude, University of Florida
- Valedictorian of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- New York