NEW YORK – July 10, 2019 – The global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP is a 2019 Global Sponsor of Out Leadership, the LGBTQ+ business network that connects leaders across the world’s most influential industries. This marks the fifth consecutive year that the law firm has partnered with Out Leadership to drive LGBTQ+ equality in the workplace and the second year it has served as a Global Sponsor.
Greenberg Traurig’s Chief Executive Officer Brian L. Duffy has served on the Out Leadership Global Advisory Board for the past two years.
“Diversity and inclusion have been at the heart of Greenberg Traurig since its inception,” Duffy said. “We are committed to creating a business culture reflective of the communities in which we live and work. That includes strengthening protections for the LGBTQ+ community. We are proud to once again partner with Out Leadership to help global business leaders create work environments that enable LGBTQ+ talent to thrive.”
Greenberg Traurig Labor & Employment Practice Shareholder John Richards has been a member of Out’s Leadership Council since 2015.
“All people, at all levels of business, deserve to work in in an open environment that embraces authenticity and allows each person to bring his or her true self to work,” Richards said. “Out Leadership’s summits, networking opportunities, and ground-breaking economic insights help business leaders realize the economic growth and talent dividend derived from inclusive business.”
Out Leadership provides guiding principles for many of the world’s top business leaders to understand the positive business impacts of inclusion. As part of its global sponsorship, Greenberg Traurig is partnering with Out Leadership on three events planned for 2019: OutNEXT, a global talent development program for emerging LGBTQ+ leaders, OutQuorum, an event to advance LGBTQ+ diversity in corporate governance, and OutWOMEN, a global summit to celebrate LGBTQ+ women in business.
In addition to Duffy, LGBTQ+ and ally leaders who are currently or have previously been on the Out Leadership’s Global Advisory Board, include:
- Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Goldman Sachs (Global Advisory Board Emeritus Member)
- Beth Brooke-Marciniak, Global Vice Chair, Public Policy, EY Global Limited
- Lord John Browne, Executive Chairman, L1 Energy, Former CEO, BP
- Irene Dorner, Former President and CEO, HSBC USA
- Peter Grauer, Chairman, Bloomberg Inc.
- Ken Mehlman, Global Head of Public Affairs, KKR
- Noel Quinn, Chief Executive, Global Commercial Banking, and Group Managing Director, HSBC
- Kathleen Sebelius, 21st Secretary of Health and Human Services and former Governor of Kansas
- Lee Schreter, Former Chairperson of the Board, Littler Mendelson, P.C.
- Dr. Ashley Steel, Former Vice Chair, KPMG LLP
- Kenji Yoshino, Chief Justice Earl Warren Professor of Constitutional Law, New York University School of Law
About Greenberg Traurig’s Diversity Initiative: From its inception, Greenberg Traurig has been committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Greenberg Traurig is a uniquely empowering and diverse firm built on a foundation of fairness, equality, and authenticity. The firm's efforts have been recognized by local, national, and global publications and organizations including, Chambers and Partners.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2100 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.