David ArguetaShareholder firstname.lastname@example.org
David Argueta focuses on capital markets and financing transactions, as well as general corporate matters. He has represented issuers, investors and global investment banks in different local and cross border transactions, including initial public offerings, financings and other complex corporate matters and restructurings.
- Cross-border capital markets
- Secured lending
- Real estate finance
- Representation of Volkswagen Leasing in the public offering of MXN $1 billion on the Mexican Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Planigrupo Latam with respect to the separation of the CKD fund established back in 2012.
- Representation of the underwriters, in connection with the initial public offering (IPO) of Fibra SOMA, the Mexican REIT established by Grupo Sordo Madaleno, a leading commercial property developer and operator in Mexico.
- Representation of Concentradora Hipotecaria (FHipo), manager of the first Mexican mortgage real estate investment trust, in a mortgage loan securitization for a total amount of $3,362.8 million Pesos. This is the first securitization of its kind, including in a single issuing trust mortgage loans portfolios of the largest mortgages originators in Mexico, INFONAVIT (the National Workers’ Housing Institute Fund) and FOVISSSTE (Housing Fund of the Institute of Social Security and Social Services for State Employees).
- Represent Planigrupo Latam, S.A.B. de C.V. in the first tender offer for a CKD listed fund in Mexico, as well as in its initial public offering through the Mexican Stock Exchange.
- Representation of Evercore, Banorte and BTG as joint bookrunners in the RLH Properties, S.A.B. de C.V. initial public offering. RLH is the first small cap company to go public as SAB, listing approximately 86 million shares equivalent to more than 30% of its capital stock.
- Representation of the several underwriters in the purchase of U.S.$1,000,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 2.875% Senior Notes due 2030 offering by América Móvil, S.A.B. de C.V.
- Representation of a syndicate of banks in a $1,000 million Pesos credit facility and a $150 million VAT facility, for the construction and operation of a flagship shopping mall in Mexico City.
- Representation of a global bank in a $86 million dollar credit facility, for the construction of a beachfront hotel located in Cancún, Mexico to be operated under the “AMR” brand.
- Representation of Banco Santander (México), S.A., Institución de Banca Múltiple, Grupo Financiero Santander in a MXN$2 billion Pesos warehousing line of finance granted to the Mortgage Trust “FHipo” -the first mortgage real estate investment trust in Mexico specialized in the acquisition, origination and management of mortgage loans portfolios, for the acquisition and origination of mortgage loans portfolios.
- Representation of a Mexican bank in a MXN$100 million loan in favor of a Mexican commercial property owner and developer secured by an industrial mortgage over two shopping centers, a pledge over the shopping centers proceeds that will be managed by a trust and a pledge over the owner’s capital stock.
- Representation of a Mexican non-bank bank SOFOM (Sociedad Financiera de Objeto Múltiple), in a bilateral secured loan facility to a leading limited-service hotel chain in Mexico for the construction of a hotel in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
- Representation of two major Mexican banks, as lenders, in connection with a loan facility granted to a Mexican real estate developer for up to approximately $1,300 million Pesos to finance the construction of a new shopping center and office building, and a loan facility for up to $100 million pesos to finance the VAT associated with the construction of such project, as well as the contribution of all receivables associated with the construction and operation of the project as source of payment for both lines, together with a mortgage over the property.
- Acted as counsel to Banco Mercantil del Norte (Banorte) in the loan facility granted for the renovation of a beachfront Hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico secured with a mortgage over the hotel and the revenue from the sale of timeshares.°
- Represented the holders of the short-term notes in the negotiation of standstill agreements under the notes in light of the chapter 11 process initiated by Aeromexico.
Reconocimientos y Liderazgo
- Listed, The Legal 500 Latin America Guide, "Rising Stars - Latin America: Mexico," 2021-2023
- Banking and Finance, 2022-2023
- Capital Markets, 2021-2023
- LL.M., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2014
- Business and Law Certificate, 2014 The Wharton School, Aresty Institute of Executive Education, University of Pennsylvania
- Law Degree, with honors, Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City, D.F., Mexico, 2011
Con licencia para ejercer en
- Español, Nativo
- Inglés, Fluido