Tarrian L. Ellis ‡Associate Tarrian.Ellis@gtlaw.com
Tarrian L. Ellis focuses his practice on federal and state regulation of consumer financial products and services, including matters related to fair lending, residential mortgage lending and servicing, student loan servicing, electronic lending, and digital payments. He also advises clients on matters involving the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and other federal and state regulatory authorities with oversight of consumer financial payments, products, and services.
Prior to joining Greenberg Traurig, he served as a regulatory attorney with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in the Office of Regulations. In this role, he participated in complex rulemaking projects, including drafting rules and guidance related to privacy and small business lending, and provided subject matter expertise on issues concerning mortgage servicing and disclosure, and electronic payments.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Federal and state regulation of consumer financial products and services
- Anti-discrimination, fair lending, credit reporting, debt collection
- Electronic payments and lending
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- FinTech – credit, payments, blockchain/digital assets
- Consumer finance – mortgage, student, cards, BNPL
- Counsel, Office of Regulations, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 2020-2023
- Attorney, Excelsior Fellow, Consumer Examinations Unit, New York State Department of Financial Services, 2018-2020
- Specialist 92A, United States Army Reserve, 2011-2019
Reconocimientos y Liderazgo
- Member, New York City Bar Association, 2018-Present
- Member, Metropolitan Black Bar Association, 2018-Present
- Member, National Bar Association, 2018-Present
- Member, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- J.D., New York Law School
- B.P.A., Public Administration, magna cum laude, Florida International University
- Nueva York