Lawrence Sternthal ^Shareholder Lawrence.Sternthal@gtlaw.com
Lawrence Sternthal focuses his practice on representing Israeli insurance companies, pension funds, public and private companies, and private individuals in cross-border real estate transactions. Lawrence advises clients in real estate acquisitions, joint ventures, and mezzanine and preferred equity financings in the United States, and Europe.
Lawrence is also experienced in advising real estate owners and investors in distressed real estate situations including joint venture disputes, loan foreclosures, restructurings and workouts.
- Joint Venture Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- Real Estate Joint Venture Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Represented Clal Insurance in a $400 million programmatic joint venture with MetLife to develop multifamily and industrial projects in the United States.
- Represented Amitim Pension Funds and Clal Insurance Company in $300 million joint venture with Starlight Capital to acquire Bloor Islington Place office complex in Toronto.
- Represented Israeli investor group in joint venture dispute with local operator and in CMBS loan workout of a $50 million portfolio of U.S. multifamily properties.
- Represented Israeli pension fund forming a strategic joint venture with a leading Israeli family office to invest $200 million in the development of residential properties in Poland.
- Represented Migdal Insurance Company and a consortium of Israeli pension funds in a EUR 200 million joint venture to acquire an office complex in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Represented Artificial Intelligence CRE Investment Manager, Skyline AI, in multifamily acquisitions in the United States.
- Represented Israeli pension fund in a purchasing syndicate that acquired the Old Post Office Building in Chicago, IL.
- Represented a U.S. real estate developer in $100 million acquisition of Chicago office building and joint venture with Israeli pension fund.
- Represented a leading Israeli investment house in an acquisition of North Carolina and Georgia Multifamily portfolio.
- Represented a prominent Israeli insurance company in sale of Berlin office building.
- Represented Israeli insurance company and pension fund in the acquisition of an 80% interest in a $200 million multifamily portfolio in the southeast United States.°
- Represented Israeli insurance company in a $12 million preferred equity investment in a New York City retail property.°
- Represented Israeli insurance company in the acquisition of a 49% interest in a $120 million multifamily property in Connecticut.°
- Represented Israeli insurance company in joint venture and acquisition of a $64 million multifamily property in Edgewater, New Jersey.°
- Represented Israeli insurance company in joint venture acquisition of a 24.5% interest in a 28-property shopping center portfolio in Texas.°
- Represented Israeli insurance company and pension fund in acquisition of a 70% interest in an office tower complex in Dallas, Texas.°
- Represented Israeli insurance company in acquisition of an interest in a Columbus, Ohio office building valued at $200 million.°
- Represented Israeli insurance company in negotiating a $400 million programmatic joint venture agreement with a U.S. developer and European insurance company.°
- Represented Israeli pension fund in the acquisition of a 49% interest in a EUR 48 million office building in Dusseldorf, Germany.°
- Represented Israeli pension fund in the acquisition of a 49% interest in a EUR 60 million office building portfolio in the Netherlands.°
- Represented Israeli public company in the acquisition of a EUR 30 million shopping center portfolio in Germany.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Sternthal prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Reconocimientos y Liderazgo
- Recognized, Chambers and Partners, Corporate/M&A (Desk based Abroad in USA), 2016-2022
- Listed, IFLR1000, "Notable Practitioner" Real Estate Acquisitions, 2019-2022
- Ranked, IFLR1000, Corporate & M&A, Israel, Other Notable, 2017-2020
- Recognized, BDICode 2019 – 2021 (Israel), Real Estate – Outstanding Leaders
- Recognized, BDICode 2016 – 2021 (Israel), International Commercial – Outstanding Leaders
- Recognized, Dun’s 100, 2016 – 2022 (Israel), International Commercial – Prominent Team
- Top Ranked, LegallyIsrael100 2021, Real Estate
- Recognized, LegallyIsrael100 2019-2020, Real Estate
- Ranked, Chambers USA, "Award for Excellence, Real Estate," 2017
- Recognized, The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa > Israel: Commercial, corporate and M&A, 2017
- Member, American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Israel Bar Association
J.D., cum laude, Boston University School of Law
Article Editor, Boston University Law Review
- B.A., Middle East Studies, with honors, McGill University
Con licencia para ejercer en
^ Attorneys in the Tel Aviv office do not practice Israeli law.
- Hebrew, Fluido
- Inglés, Fluido