Greenberg Traurig’s White Collar Defense & Special Investigations Practice is made up of over 60 experienced and knowledgeable global practitioners prepared to tackle whatever new challenges may arise, whenever they may arise. The team includes a number of former prosecutors from U.S. and non-U.S. enforcement agencies, with a wide array of experience and intimate knowledge of the highest levels of federal and state government. Leveraging the insights and experience of our government affairs colleagues, industry experts, compliance professionals, and litigators throughout the firm, we help protect our clients’ interests.
We handle highly technical, complex cases involving significant exposure for financial institutions, companies, and their executives including criminal and civil enforcement matters against federal and state authorities and regulators involving high-profile financial fraud. As a matter of fact, our team won the first-ever acquittal in a federal criminal spoofing trial.
We handle matters related to:
- Securities and commodities, including allegations of
- Financial instruments and accounting fraud
- Valuation/mismarking fraud
- Short selling
- Wire/bank/mail fraud
- Corporate misconduct
- Insider trading
- Health care fraud
- Medicare/Medicaid fraud
- Manufacturers of health care products
- Off-label marketing
- Health care providers (hospitals, clinic owners, physician groups, etc)
- Investors in the health care industry
- Civil False Claims Act and qui tam matters
- Global anti-corruption enforcement and compliance, including allegations of
- Money laundering
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) compliance and enforcement
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance and enforcement
- Criminal antitrust
- False Claims Act and qui tam defense
- Environmental crimes
- Sanctions and export Controls
- Congressional investigations
- Blockchain, digital assets, and fintech
- Data, privacy, and cybersecurity
As government prosecutors and enforcement attorneys increasingly scrutinize business and regulatory decisions, our attorneys deliver out-of-the box strategies aimed at keeping our clients out of jeopardy. And when the government is determined to move forward with criminal or civil enforcement, we stand ready with an arsenal of diverse trial and complex litigation experience against a myriad of government authorities, including the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Attorneys' Offices, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and State Attorneys General.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Our team has risen to the challenges and new issues the coronavirus has presented and our clients have relied on us to handle cases involving novel government prosecutions involving the manipulation of complex financial products, unique allegations of fraud in the health care industry, and allegations of criminal activity that have evolved out of the global pandemic. Our team is involved in the various cutting-edge prosecutions that have emerged from the new global status quo. Learn more about our COVID-19 Task Force.
To learn more about our White Collar Defense & Special Investigations capabilities, please feel free to reach out to our White Collar Defense & Special Investigations Practice contacts.