Businesses faced with changes in the competitive global economy and within their own industries increasingly turn to financial restructuring as an option to reorganize and de-leverage core businesses, shed excess assets for underperforming divisions, and reformulate long-term objectives. Greenberg Traurig's internationally recognized Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice has broad advisory and litigation experience with the often-complex issues that arise in reorganizations, restructurings, workouts, liquidations, and distressed acquisitions and sales, in both domestic and cross-border situations and proceedings. With offices in commercial centers across the United States and throughout the world, we utilize our invaluable business network to offer critical advice and counsel to multiple constituencies in insolvency situations:
- Official and ad hoc committees of creditors
- Investors and purchasers of assets, debt instruments, or equity of troubled companies
- Secured and unsecured creditors and DIP lenders
- Boards of directors and board committees
- Trustees, receivers, examiners, indenture trustees, and other fiduciaries
- Post-confirmation fiduciaries in litigation and asset disposition
- Foreign representatives of distressed business entities outside of the United States
We provide our clients with immediate access to experienced senior restructuring attorneys who deliver innovative thinking and practical strategies to define objectives, resolve complicated situations, and take advantage of opportunities that may arise in distress situations.
To learn more about our Restructuring & Bankruptcy capabilities, please feel free to reach out to our Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practice contacts.