Jan Kees BrandseShareholder JanKees.Brandse@gtlaw.com
Jan Kees Brandse is a legal and strategic advisor with many years of experience in the real estate industry, with a focus on commercial, residential and hospitality transactions for investment managers, private equity and private wealth clients. His wide range of experience encompasses transactional corporate and real estate work, structuring of investment vehicles and unwinding of joint ventures, the organization of private and public bids, general business law support, and contract work. He is member of several executive and non-executive boards in the industry.
- Corporate and securities
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Real estate and mutual funds
- Advised on disinvestment of multinational agricultural food processing organization.
- Advised on disinvestment of television channel.
- Advised on public bid on a real estate investment company listed on Euronext.
- Advised on reorganization and carve out of real estate fund listed on Euronext.
- Advised on structuring and organization of mobile telephone insurance network in the Netherlands, Spain and Belgium.
- Provided interim supervision on management of investment companies on special appointments of Authority Financial Markets (AFM) as 'special trustee' (pursuant to the Act on Supervision of investment companies).
- Advised on resolution of conflict situation and unwinding of shareholders relations in a large food stock distribution and sale organization.
- Advised on various reorganizations, disinvestments and acquisitions.
- Advised on acquisition of industrial production facility for a Japanese metal industry group.
- Advised directors of listed companies with respect to disclosure issues and financial reporting issues.
Anerkennung durch den Markt
- Listed, Legal 500 Netherlands, 2018-2019, 2022
- Real Estate, 2018-2019, 2022
- Commercial, Corporate and M&A, 2018-2019
- Team Member, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2017
- Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
- Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011, 2012, and 2022
- Listed, Chambers Netherlands, Real Estate and Corporate/M&A, 2009
- Listed, The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa, Corporate and M&A, 2009
- Chairman, Casa 400 Amsterdam BV (520-room mixed student's and congress hotel)
- Member, Amsterdam Bar Association
- Member, Dutch Bar Association
- Director and non-executive director to various companies.
- LL.M., University of Amsterdam, Faculty of Law
- The Netherlands