James W. PerkinsShareholder email@example.com
James W. Perkins is a Shareholder in the Litigation Practice of Greenberg Traurig's New York office. Jim's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and arbitration with an emphasis in real estate, business structures and governance, construction, creditor’s rights, commercial paper, securities, and intellectual property. He also has broad experience in antitrust and mergers and acquisitions litigation, among others.
All phases of complex commercial litigation and arbitration with emphasis in:
- Commercial transactions
- Real estate
- Business structures and governance
- Land use
- Creditor/Debtor rights
- Commercial paper
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Intellectual property
- Represent real property owners in leasehold valuation litigation and arbitration.
- Represent real property owners in land use disputes.
- Represent members of various limited liability companies regarding disputes over ownership, structure and management control.
- Represent various financial institutions concerning disputes involving commercial paper including letters of credit, notes and guarantees.
- Represented commercial real estate developers in action challenging Nassau County real property tax system.
- Represented investment group in various actions alleging securities fraud and breach of contract.
- Represented major financial institution in corporate control contest over film studio.
- Represented real estate venture partner in dispute over construction of Manhattan office tower and restructuring of partnership.
- Represented energy company in suit by consultant/shareholder alleging securities fraud and breach of joint venture agreement.
- Represented technology company in valuation of rights dispute.
- General Counsel/Vice President, Metropole Realty Advisors, Inc., 1997-1998
- White & Case, New York, 1987-1997
Anerkennung durch den Markt
- Team Member, U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, Best Law Firms Edition, "Law Firm of the Year," Real Estate - Litigation, 2017 and 2022
- Recipient, "Cornerstone Award for Pro Bono Excellence," Lawyers Alliance for New York, October 2014
- Recipient, 2011 Distinguished Trustee Award, New York Methodist Hospital, May 2011
- Featured, Daily Business Review, Most Effective Lawyers, International Law Division, December 2007
- Member, American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Chancellor, New York Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Chairman, Board of Directors, New York Presbyterian – Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Past President, Board of Trustees, New York Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Past President and Member, Board of Directors, The United Methodist City Society
J.D., cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
- Note and Comment Editor, American University Law Review
- B.A., History and Political Science, cum laude, Ohio Wesleyan University
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States