Robert C. RossOf Counsel email@example.com
Robert “Bob” Ross advises businesses and other organizations in a wide range of complex regulatory, governance, and transactional matters. He assists both established and emerging businesses and nonprofits looking to do business in Massachusetts, especially those in highly regulated areas, such as life sciences and energy.
Bob has over 20 years of experience advising senior government leaders in a variety of state government roles in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Most recently, he served as chief legal counsel in the office of Massachusetts Governor Charles Baker. In this role, he oversaw a team of in-house attorneys and advised the governor’s office and state agencies on myriad issues, including the Commonwealth’s COVID-19 pandemic response. He also oversaw litigation and approved settlements on behalf of the Commonwealth. In his previous role as general counsel in the Executive Office for Administration and Finance, Bob was deeply involved in the preparation of five annual state budgets.
As assistant attorney general and chief of the Massachusetts Business and Labor Bureau, he supervised the regulation and enforcement of various laws governing a wide variety of businesses in Massachusetts. Bob’s other state governmental roles have included chief policy advisor for the Office of the Senate President, counsel and budget director for the Committee on Ways and Means, and counsel for the Division of Insurance, State Rating Bureau. Bob started his career as a litigation associate at a national law firm. Bob obtained his J.D. from Northwestern Pritzker School of Law and his B.A. from College of William and Mary.
- Argued in the First Circuit Court of Appeals as an amicus on behalf of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the False Claims Act case of U.S. v. Universal Health Services, Inc.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Ross prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1999-2023
- Chief Legal Counsel, Office of Governor Charles Baker, 2019-2023
- General Counsel, Executive Office for Administration and Finance, 2015-2019
- Assistant Attorney General and Chief, Business and Labor Bureau, 2013-2015
- Chief Policy Advisor, Massachusetts State Senate, Office of Senate President, 2007-2013
- Budget Director, Massachusetts State Senate, Committee on Ways and Means, 2004-2007
- Counsel, Massachusetts State Senate, Committee on Ways and Means, 2003-2004
- Counsel, Division of Insurance, State Rating Bureau, 1999-2002
Anerkennung durch den Markt
- Trustee, Massachusetts Taxpayer Foundation (MTF), 2022-Present
- J.D., Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- B.A., College of William and Mary